🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Correct phone number format
Page options
2e294a34
Community Member

Correct phone number format

Hi. Please help correctly enter the Russian phone number +7 ### ### ## ## in the field (###) ############

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mcadamous
Community Member

@Sergei M
Please change the post you marked as the solution, it is very confusing as its not actually the solution.

To anyone else experiencing this issue and getting frustrated by the "copy pasta" answer from Upwork representatives:

The correct format is not a standard format for phone numbers, so here is how you can convert your number to be valid in the phone number field:

Step 1:
Write out your full international phone number as you normally would with the "+" symbol or "00" (if you don't know your country's dialing code, you can find it at https://countrycode.org/)
e.g.

UK: +447922222222, DE 00491622222222, ES +43692222222, US +15552222222

Step 2:
Work out what your countries international code is
e.g. 

UK: +44, DE 0049, ES +43, US +1

Step 3:
Remove the "+" symbol or "00" and surround the numbers with brackets ()
e.g. 

UK: (44), DE (49), ES (43), US (1)

Step 4:
Add a space after the brackets and put in the rest of your phone number.
Using the examples above, you should end up with the following:

UK: (44) 7922222222, DE (49) 1622222222, ES (43) 692222222, US (1) 5552222222

IMPORTANT: Only your country code without "00" and without the "+" symbol should appear in the brackets "( )" AND the brackets must be followed by one single blank space " ".

Upwork Support Representatives:
A tip!
When you come across a question that is repeatedly asked, with the same "copy-paste" answer from the knowledgebase - but people are still not able to solve, it shows that the answer is either incomplete, inaccurate or not clear enough. Instead of just repeating the same thing over and over again hoping it would solve it, you should actively escalate the issue to whichever department is responsible for maintaining documentation.
To have 10 pages of the same user frustrations with the same answer from your team is frankly ridiculous. Feel free to copy my steps and answer above to be submitted for the documentation.

Upwork Development Team:

I doubt you will read this, but your configured regex is not in line with any international standards for validating phone numbers. This should be modified immediately. You are an international platform with access to some of the best developers across the world. Mistakes like this should not happen.

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141

Thank you so much

Hi. I'm from Russia and I can't enter a phone number in the payment method in the format (###)#########. Country code +7, I enter the number in the format(7)########## - code without + in brackets and 10 digits of the number and nothing. Writes enter in the format (###)#########. How do I solve this problem?

why is this so difficult and it seems like a lof of people have problems with this. The page won't refresh without losing all your info so this is a painful process trying to guess what your format it. 

thanks

Hi can you please tell that how this problem is solved, I am also facing same Issue.

Hi, Sergei!

Can you please tell me how did you solve this problem? Cause I can not find a solution

Hi Elena,

Please add space after the brackets and submit your phone number again. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please advise what is the solution? I have the same issue with Russian phone number

Hi !  I have same issue.  Sergei, please, tell me how  you solved issue?

For example i have phone number **Edited for Community Guidelines** , what i should typing?

Hey Sergei, how did it solve your problem? It is not clear from the screenshot...

Hi Pavlo,

Could you please remove the + sign from your phone number and let me know if you`re still receiving any errors on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It just does not work.
Profile->Get payed
Add method

Wire Transfer (USD) -> Set Up
Enter SWIFT code
Try to enter the bank's phone number. Sample: +380567161131
Actual:
Error: "Enter phone number in (###)############ format"
Expected:
User should be able to add phone number in international format

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you for the follow up, Pavlo,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I also have the same problem and no idea what you mean with error message "Enter phone number in (###) ############ format." Please help

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andriy,

Please add your phone number as in the format listed on your end:
(country code) (space) phone number, also please don't add a plus sign in your country code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Bear in mind the error message is not country-specific, for example it tells me to add three digits in brackets when the UK should only have two (44).

If anyone needs the UK format for this field to work, you need to input (44), then a space, then the telephone number without the first zero, eg:

(44) 7777777777

How can I write my phone no? It's showing enter phone no in #### format.
My phone no is **edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Alochukwu,

Please refer to this post for the correct phone number format.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I eventually got what was the reason: there should be 1 space after brackets so for Ukraine Privatbak: (8056) 7161131

Hey, Pavlo. I could not fill in the field for entering a phone number in international format for Russian mobile operators. I figured out how to fill out correctly.

The correct format is (978) 8308908 (without + and without 7)

Hi sergie

Hope you doing great however i have been going through with the same. Please help me out it.

Hi Amandeep. For a long time I could not enter the number correctly. Then I entered simple without country code +7, something like (978) 8308908, I no longer remember with or without brackets and maybe there was a space after the brackets. The missing numbers seem to be simply ignored by the form parser.

At first I thought the problem was in the browser, I tried all the available ones, but it didn’t help.

Hi Sergei

I see you are from Russia and you say (978) 8308908 but international code for Russia is +7?
So how do you get (978)?
South African international code is +27 and my south african code is 082. Sometimes we write it as +2782. I have tried a 1000 different ways and could not find the right way. 

Hi Willie
I think the country code is determined by the "Country" field. In the field "Phone Number" I entered (978) 8308908 (after the bracket, a space). 978 - telephone operator code

me too facing phone number problem how to solve this

Hi Syed,

Please add your phone number in the following format: (country code) phone number, also please don't forget to add space after the brackets and please don't add any signs in front of the country code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cant even add my correct phone number

Hi Bondhon,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared in my previous here:

• Could you try adding your phone number in this format: (country code) phone number. Don't forget to add space after the brackets and please don't add any signs in front of the country code.
~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I got a problem.. I live in china  , I also have chinese bank account but I am not chinese so that i don't have chinese  National ID.. How can i add my Chinese bank account ?

Hi Bondhon,

I checked your account and I can see that you`ve successfully added your payment method. You will also need to fill out your W-8BEN form and submit it. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
abriano
Community Member

Hi, I'm facing a problem regarding my phone number format in the payment setup. My phone number is 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marufur Rahman,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. Please help correctly enter the sri lanka phone number +94 ### ### ###  in the field (###) ############

Hi Hasun,

Please remove the plus sign from your number and don't forget to add your country code in brackets. Once you`ve done this feel free to click on the Next button. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
camilp
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue. I am not able to add my phone no when I try to set up the payment. Thank you, Camil

Hi Camil,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

~ Joanne
Upwork

please give me correct formate

Hi Nazrul,

Please refer to the instructions we've shared here:

• Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths