Costumer Support

brianpetermann
Brian P Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
11 of 18

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 18

You don't need to contact customer Support for the payment issue. If you were paid 15 plus 10 both payments go into pending first and may become available on different days.

They are also both subject to the 20% Upwork fee.

As far as the account limitation is concerned, chances are you will have to verify your identity.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 18

I am not going to say anything about the original poster. I am going to make a general observation.

Most questions about Upwork can be answered using the information in Upwork's help section, or by searching for information already found in the Community Forum using the "Subject" search box.

If users can't find the answers they are looking for, most questions can be answered by posting questions in the Community Forum.

These methods allow for finding information more quickly than using Customer Support.

Also: There are millions of Upwork users. The Upwork system works the way that it works for everybody. With very rare exceptions, the system doesn't pick out individual users and mess things up for them individually. If the numbers don't make sense to you, it is because you don't understand how Upwork functions. It is not because you are the one person out of millions for whom Upwork's automated software systems made a miscalculation.

brianpetermann
Brian P Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
14 of 18

Hello Preston H,

1. I dont know how your comment is a "general observation" where in the lower part of the message you say: 

"If the numbers don't make sense to you, it is because you don't understand how Upwork functions. It is not because you are the one person out of millions for whom Upwork's automated software systems made a miscalculation."

I have 3 x YOU read in your message. 

2. I dont ever sayed that the sistem have something with me, but you are the one that says : "With very rare exceptions, the system doesn't pick out individual users and mess things up for them individually." thing that make me thinking that in here is a personal issue.

3. Also the fact that you are saying to me that : "It is not because you are the one person out of millions for whom Upwork's automated software systems made a miscalculation." make me think that Upwork have a reeeeealy big issue and it is full of buggs that nobody is willing to solve. The workers just close the bugs as SOLVED and just go over not solving the real issue.

4.  I am starting to belive that your support team is not preapred to solve the sistem problems as far there is no comunication between the ones responsable for this job. I hev been recieved answers here in the community also on email already solved with some emplyees of your team.

5. Reading more issues rised about other Upwork's members on the community, to see how Generally system works, I've seen the same upstanding attitude of your team. 

THANK YOU for trying working on this "1st freelancing world platform" and "solving" my problems and probably as for many other Freelancers.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 18

You are correct.

Upwork strives to maintain its position as the #1 best freelance work platform in the world.

One of is strategies for doing do is providing extensive help for users via the Community Forum.

Another strategy for doing so is keeping costs down by avoiding over-spending on customer support. Channeling users to the Form when feasible instead of more expensive options such as live chat, phone, email-based support allows Upwork to realize extremely substantial savings.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
16 of 18

Brian,

Are you familiar with the (mostly American) English idiomatic use of the impersonal "you" to mean "one" or "a person"?

It is a common construction, and not at all incompatible with making general observations about a process.

Best,
MM

machineman911965
Ace Contributor
SHAWNA G Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
17 of 18
2500$ buyout. Pretty sure there is no legal basis. If i finish project and client wants further work on it we most certainly can take it outside. If you think this is not right then someone from upwork call me. Once original project is done then its done. My client paid me a bonus and you took 20% of that. Sick. I will wait for someone to call from upwork.
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
18 of 18

HI Shawn, 

I'm sorry that you feel this way. Please know that transactions on the platform will be subject to the Freelancer Service Fees. This service fees will slide to from 20%, to 10%, and to 5% once you reach a certain earning threshold. 

As part of the User Agreement that you had agreed to abide by when you signed up on the platform, and as stated in our user agreement, "..you acknowledge and agree that a substantial portion of the compensation Upwork receives for making the Site available to you is collected through the Service Fee". Section 7 of the User Agreement details how you may opt-out of the platform should you wish to opt-out of your obligation to user the platform according to the site's terms of use. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS