🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Could Upwork add a feature that allows us to ...
Page options
b168dd18
Community Member

Could Upwork add a feature that allows us to know if the client has viewed our proposal or not?

Having the ability to track whether a client has viewed a proposal on Upwork can be a valuable feature for Upworkers.

Freelancer Plus Members, being the most active and dedicated users on the platform, could benefit greatly from having a feature that allows them to quickly determine if their proposal has been viewed by a client. This would enable them to make informed decisions about their next steps. Upwork may consider offering this feature exclusively to Freelancer Plus Members, thereby enhancing their experience on Upwork.

It would be greatly appreciated if Upwork took this into consideration.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

This provides no value to me as a freelancer.

And it is meaningless.

What if a client simply clicks on a proposal and doesn't read it at all.

Upwork has no way of distinguishing between the two possibilities.

If you have applied to a job, then forget about it.

It has no meaning in your life until you receive a reply from a client.

tlsanders
Community Member

How would knowing a client has viewed your proposal inform your next steps? 

If a client has not viewed your proposal, they may or may not view it and contact you later.

If a client has viewed your proposal, they may or may not contact you later.

When you've sent a proposal and haven't heard back, your next step should always be to keep looking for other opportunities. 

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

You can add a loom video to your proposal. You'll know if your video has been watched or not. But hear me out on this. There's not much meaning to know if one specific client has opened your proposal or not. Stop thinking about it and move on to the next job post.

But seeing some stats of if people are opening your proposal is an important feedback about your first few sentences of proposal, your rate, profile title and photo which are all visible even before opening a proposal. And i believe this view rate is available in upwork stats.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Muhammad,

It is very important to know in aggregate if your proposals are causing people to view your Profile. Please go to "Find Work" and "My Stats" to see how successful you have been. You can't view individual clients, but instead as a whole. Have a great day!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths