🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Could a freelancer share what client info is ...
Page options
13b0bd5e
Community Member

Could a freelancer share what client info is visible for job postings that are publicly posted

Hello. 

I've been an upwork client for a few years.  I have done contracts to this point on an invite-only basis. 

Part of the reason, is that I've been unsure/uncomfortable about information that may be visiable publicly when posting a job for all freelancers to submit proposals to.

Client's full name?  Location?  etc.?

Thanks!  

7 REPLIES 7
elyannie
Community Member

Not a whole lot of the client's info shows on a public job post. 

If the client chooses not to include their name, we as freelancers won't see it.

We can see if the client is US based and their time zone, as well as how many jobs the client has previously posted and the percentage of their hire rate and member since date.

The only other information are the project details that are entered into the job description.

thank you!

florydev
Community Member

Michael F wrote:

Hello. 

I've been an upwork client for a few years.  I have done contracts to this point on an invite-only basis. 

Part of the reason, is that I've been unsure/uncomfortable about information that may be visiable publicly when posting a job for all freelancers to submit proposals to.

Client's full name?  Location?  etc.?

Thanks!  

Prior to any communication we dont' know your name at all.  However we can see your recent job history and any reviews anyone is left and it is quite common to see in there something like "Michael is such a great client."  Some people think it adds a personal touch to start proposals with Hi Michael.

We do see stats about your previous hires and your rating and also the City name you live in.

miketcr
Community Member

Yes I make a point of reading the comments and try to get the name of the client in them.

You can't be sure it is the same person, as some companies have different people hiring.

13b0bd5e
Community Member

Thanks for the info!

So...'company name' is also displayed with a job listing that is posted for the general pool?

And if yes, for clients that don't have a company listed in their account profile, is their named used instead?  (As crazy as that would seem to be, the reason I ask is because, once you mentioned something about company name, I looked to see if my company name was even in my account details.  But instead of a company name, my full name is listed instead.)

petra_r
Community Member

Michael F wrote:

Thanks for the info!

So...'company name' is also displayed with a job listing that is posted for the general pool?

No, it is not.

Here is all we see:

what we see.png

13b0bd5e
Community Member

ok, thanks.   

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths