shummas

Could you become Top Rated without a Job Success Score?

So quite recently, I was awarded a Rising Talent badge. I'm on my 6th job, out of which 2 are on-going contracts and 4 contracts have technically ended with 5 star feedback (and I'm pretty sure that I must have been recommended because the clients seemed pretty happy with my work). Okay so here's what concerns me. I joined Upwork 2 months ago and my current earnings are $289 (As a beginner, I worked hard for this). Due to the two on-going contracts, my earnings will reach approximately $550 by the middle of the next month. Because both of these clients have previously spent hundreds of dollars on a single freelancer with the same skill sets as mine, if everything goes according to the current trends, I am likely to exceed far beyond the minimum requirement of $1000 in a year. In this time span, I am not planning to score any new jobs so I'll probably remain a Rising Talent even after a year. Would it be possible to become a Top Rated freelancer without a Job Success Score? (on the basis of a Rising Talent badge instead?)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shummas,

Success score of 90% or higher is one of the requirements for the Top Rated program. You won't be able to become Top Rated without getting your Job Success score first. You can learn more about these requirements here.

It sounds like you got off to a great start. If you continue delivering great results on your contracts, you can become Top Rated very soon.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
stencil_media

I'm pretty sure that "not planning to score any new jobs" over the coming year, isn't really the kind of approach that Upwork are looking to cultivate when it comes to the top rated program. You might get a top rated badge, you never know, I'm not an expert on how it works, but I guess the pertinent question would be... what use would it be to you, if you're not looking to score any new jobs?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Well for as long as I am working on my on-going contracts (which are expected to last for several months or maybe a year), I wouldn't really find the need to score any extra jobs and nor will I find the time for that. But of course, sooner or later, my current contracts shall end and then I will be left with no long-term job at hand. By then, I really hope to have achieved a Top Rated badge in order to score a couple of better on-going jobs that pay higher. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shummas,

Success score of 90% or higher is one of the requirements for the Top Rated program. You won't be able to become Top Rated without getting your Job Success score first. You can learn more about these requirements here.

It sounds like you got off to a great start. If you continue delivering great results on your contracts, you can become Top Rated very soon.

~ Valeria
Upwork