🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Couldn't find job since then
Page options
abbas_tauseef
Community Member

Couldn't find job since then

was a rising star till the first week of February but then a client gave me poor private feedback and when my jss appeared, it unfortunately was 75 percent. Another job which I completed after that had helped me boost my score to 83 percent. Since then, apart from bringing one of my personal clients to upwork, I never got any job.
Currently my job success score is 89 percent but nobody hires me. I purchased a lot of connects and spent them on applying for jobs but no luck whatsoever.

Should I leave upwork or is there a way I can win some jobs that may help me increase my jss?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tauseef, 

I understand that it can be frustrating when you don't hear back from clients after you submit your proposal. Please know that once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top-Rated status. Once you earn your JSS, it is not automatically 100%; however, you can work on improving it and earn a Top-Rated status. 

It can at times take a while to win another job, but I hope you don't give up and continue to try your best to apply to jobs you are interested in. You might want to check out the tips below to help you write proposals:

How to Create a Proposal that Wins Jobs 

Craft an Eye-catching Proposal Every Time

Please also check out the resources here for more helpful tips.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Tauseef, 

I understand that it can be frustrating when you don't hear back from clients after you submit your proposal. Please know that once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top-Rated status. Once you earn your JSS, it is not automatically 100%; however, you can work on improving it and earn a Top-Rated status. 

It can at times take a while to win another job, but I hope you don't give up and continue to try your best to apply to jobs you are interested in. You might want to check out the tips below to help you write proposals:

How to Create a Proposal that Wins Jobs 

Craft an Eye-catching Proposal Every Time

Please also check out the resources here for more helpful tips.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks, Joanne!
Your reply helps a lot. I would never give up. However, I wonder my public feedback is five stars from all the eight jobs I completed. Still my job success score is 89 percent.

Tauseef A wrote:
Thanks, Joanne!
Your reply helps a lot. I would never give up. However, I wonder my public feedback is five stars from all the eight jobs I completed. Still my job success score is 89 percent.

Tauseef, 

Many factors go into making up our JSS (and we do not know them all), but public feedback is not nearly as important  as the private feedback that clients leave, which doesn't always match the 5 stars of the public feedback. 

Your profile says that you write essays.If you are considering writing essays for students who are too lazy  or corrupt to do their own work, you should know that this is  against Upwork's ToS and any academic institution anywhere in the world, who would consider it cheating at best.  It might be a good idea to remove this skill from your offer. 

Hi Nichola L!
Thankyou for taking the time to writing a reply.

Please be aware that I never wrote and will never write for any student in the future. It's illegal, unethical, and simply wrong.
Essays/articles are some times considered to be the same, especially by those whose first language isn't English. And to cover those potential clients, I included the term "essay".

Also this post happens to be the lucky one for me as someone right now purchased my copywriting project.

Thankyou.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths