dear Preston I, why you take it hardly.

Just yes or not, and how

Yes, by posting.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can I be a community Guru, and how?"

The titles (such as "Community Leader" and "Community Guru") that you see by the names of Forum participants are automatically generated. They are based purely on the number of posts a given user has posted in the Forum.

A person who is a "Community Guru" does not receive any monetary compensation. Most would gladly sell their title to you, or give it away to you for free, if that were possible.

Just yes or not, and how

Md.Jahidul I wrote:

Just yes or not, and how

Yes, by posting.

Complain about JSS enough, make enough off-topic, unhelpful remarks, and have enough posts deleted, and you'll be a guru in no time. 

Dear amanda,

Dohan is a big power of upwork forum. I have understand getting his best answer. Thank you

Love this.

Dogan K wrote:

Md.Jahidul I wrote:

Just yes or not, and how

Yes, by posting.

Unfortunately, this usually results in someone dashing all over the forum giving nonsensical responses to all sorts ....

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md.Jahidul, 

As it has been noted in this post, ranks are intended to help all of us identify frequent and valued contributors to the Upwork Community. The rankings are largely based on activity and "age", i.e. how long you've been registered on the Community. You may read more about it by visiting the link I noted above. 

~ Avery
Upwork
varungs
Community Member

While we're on the topic, I really think the titles should be updated... They should be based on kudos, solutions, posts to solutions ratio, and stuff like that. Not posts/age alone. I barely know anything about Upwork and I'm already a supposed "Community Leader"... I certainly don't feel like one. It may also be misleading to brand new forum users.

Varun G wrote:

While we're on the topic, I really think the titles should be updated... They should be based on kudos, solutions, posts to solutions ratio, and stuff like that. Not posts/age alone. I barely know anything about Upwork and I'm already a supposed "Community Leader"... I certainly don't feel like one. It may also be misleading to brand new forum users.

I'm inclined to agree. Perhaps a certain number of solutions to qualify and/or a certain ratio between solutions and posts made? I'm a guru, apparently, but I don't feel I'm in the slightest bit guru-ish. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths