cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Couple of questions about long-term clients & responsiveness

Ace Contributor
Nadav I Member Since: Apr 10, 2015
1 of 14

Hello all oDesk community helpers Smiley Happy This is my first post on the forum. I did read a lot and used the search feature but couldn't find an answer to these questions, my apologies if it's a repeat...

I have a fixed price contract that was originally for $16, but we've kept it open and the client sends me work every now and then and pays via bonuses. Contract has been open close to 3 months now but I still have zero long-term clients on the My Stats page.

So my questions are regarding the long-term clients calculation - Can a fixed price contract be considered a long-term client? or hourly only? In whichever case works, how long does the contract needs to be open before it is considered a long-term client?

Other quick question please is about responsiveness. I've completed 20 jobs (that show on my profile), responded to 9 invitations and had many interviews. When will I get a responsiveness thing added? or is that feature actually gone now cause I can't see it anywhere?

Thank you in advance for the help and my apologies if my questions are repeats.

Cheers

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 14

Hi Nadav,

A long term client would be anyone you've worked with for an extended time, whether it be a fixed priced or hourly contract.

I can't really answer the other questions I'm afraid. I'm sure a moderator will pick up your questions at some point.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 14

Hi Nadav,

Thank you for your questions.

Long-term clients are the clients you work with for at least three months. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work.

You will need to respond to at least 10 invites before you can get a Responsiveness Score. So you are very close!

I hope this information helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
4 of 14

Thanks for the great information Valeria I have 21 open jobs many of them the client comes after 3 months and assign an other milestones they get the job done and leave the contract as it is, there are some which never come back but the contract is still open so in this situation will it be consider as long term contracts?

Thanks

Ace Contributor
5 of 14

Hi,

I have now got 12 invitation in the past 90 days, and have had these for over a week.

Still don't have any responsivness thing.

6 of 14

Hi Santiago and Nadav,

It seems to be working as expected. Nadav, you do have your Responsiveness Score showing on your profile for the clients to see. Here is the screenshot.

Santiago, three invitations are not enough to calculate Responsiveness Score and show it on your profile. Therefore it's not there, please see the screenshot. In your profile settings you will see a message that you need to receive and respond to more invitations in order for your Responsiveness Score to be determined.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
7 of 14

Thank you Valeria

It is a reflief that you can see it. Something still must be wrong, though, as I still can't see it on my profile... I've tried clearing cache and viewing from other browsers but still can't see it. A friend using her own account confirmed she can't see it on my profile either. so I guess only some users see it and some don't, FYI, might still need to be checked.

Cheers

8 of 14

Hi Nadav,

You can also check by going to your Settings and then click on Profile Settings on the right. You should be able to see the green indicator and "Replies within a day" next to your Responsiveness. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Alex N Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
9 of 14

what is the needed of long-term client?
Is this help for getting new job?

This widget could not be displayed.
10 of 14
This widget could not be displayed.

@Alex N wrote:

what is the needed of long-term client?
Is this help for getting new job?

First of all, you have to use a photo that shows you instead of a photo from US department of education!!! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS