Suggestion

Hey Everyone, 

Tarif Islam

Expert Customer Service Manager

12 REPLIES 12
pudingstudio
Community Member

Tarif I wrote:

Hey Everyone, I completed 7jobs I a 90% of JSS but recently I am not getting any jobs which are very frustrating. Can anyone please check my cover letter and let me know if there is any problem with this.

Hello Recruiter, This is Tarif, I have a 1 Year experience in managing Shopify Store named Viral Merc. I used to handle the Customer Service, Order Management, Handled Customer Email, Social Media handlings like Facebook and Instagram. Moreover, I have previous 1-year experience as a Customer Service Executive on vova.com. Your Job requirements match with my skills, so I can deliver my best to have long term cooperation with you. We can discuss further my skills and area of expertise if we meet up for an interview. Have a good day.

Tarif Islam

Expert Customer Service Manager

Not much to gain from template proposals.

lysis10
Community Member

Very rarely is a recruiter posting the job.

Jennifer M wrote:

It's name of the client. Recruiter. He is from France.

It is rare, though.

Antun M wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

It is rare, though.

Wait, I'm confused. So "recruiter" means "client" if you translate it from French?

Jennifer M wrote:

Antun M wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

It is rare, though.

Wait, I'm confused. So "recruiter" means "client" if you translate it from French?

My mistake, was just making a joke.
Apologies for not being more clear.

(it's possible that "recruiter" means "client"; don't speak French, have no idea).

Antun M wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Antun M wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

It is rare, though.

(it's possible that "recruiter" means "client"; don't speak French, have no idea).

bahahaha you know, I almost asked if you were joking and it totally went over my head. Looks like I need to get better at this ha

Jennifer M wrote:

Antun M wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Antun M wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

It is rare, though.

bahahaha you know, I almost asked if you were joking and it totally went over my head. Looks like I need to get better at this ha

It's often that tone/intention isn't translated correctly via type-form. Should have included smiley.

Smiley.

Tarif:

Don't use a canned cover letter.

And when you send a proposal to a client, DON'T talk about yourself.

Talk about the client, the client's project, and how you are going to do the project. Be brief.

Thanks for the suggestion. I usually don't use canned cover letter, I use this kind of letters for most of the proposals, can you please suggest me what edits can I do?

Tarif I wrote:
.I usually don't use canned cover letter, I use this kind of letters for most of the proposals, can you please suggest me what edits can I do?

That *IS* a canned cover letter. Do not use a canned letter at all. It is dreadful. You can't "edit" it. You need to write a fresh proposal for every job you apply to, referencing the clien't needs and how you are the right person to do what the client needs doing.

When I hire, (for myself or for clients) this is the kind of **bleep** I mark as spam and instantly decline.

Whenever I see "Dear Recruiter" or "Dear Hiring Manager" or "Dear Sir" in the preview, I don't even click on the proposal to read it, I decline immediately, unread.

Also, don't lie in your cover letter when one glance at your profile disproves your claims. Don't say "one year with XYZ" when it's clear on your profile it was 5 months, or claim to have "1 year experience with ABC, when it was 2 months."

Also, with no experience outside those 2 jobs on Upwork (which you misrepresent both on your profile and in your cover letter) it's a bit of a stretch to advertise yourself as "expert," let alone as "Expert Customer Service Manager"

florydev
Community Member

If you are going to use some kind of template you should find a better one.

Thanks for your suggestions. Can you please suggest some edit?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members