Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covering Letter

Highlighted
Indunil Sanjeewa A Member Since: Jul 10, 2015
1 of 24

Hello there,

Can anyone give me some good advice in writing better covering letters? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Regards,

Indunil Sanjeewa

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 24

This is my cover letter:

Hi, I'm Jennifer.

------------------------ insert awesome stuff here -------------------------------

Thank you,

Jennifer

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
3 of 24

How about in the form of a poem? This is my template cover letter,:

I'm a great freelancer,

A true content enhancer,

If you need an edit,

To me you should give credit,

For I am known for my punctuation,

All across this great nation,

I am a expert in the grammar,

Without a pause or stammer,

And right before your eyes,

Content will be optimsed,

So don't feel bad or sad,

If your content makes you mad,

I have a 4.97 rating,

It would be 5.00, but for a crazy woman's hating,

My job success is 95,

So for the best, I do strive,

So pick me over the rest,

And your content will be the best.

Community Guru
4 of 24

Better be careful. OP plagiarized his overview. He might just take your poem to win the hearts of potential customers.

Community Guru
5 of 24

A poem is, anyway, such an inelegant form of expression. A true master distills their sentiments into the form of a haiku:

Developer hopes.

The crystal dove lands carefully.

two years: eternal.

Whether he has the patience to spend twenty years of diligent study in order to communicate with such discerning brevity remains to be seen.

Community Guru
6 of 24

I vote op starts all proposals with your haiku and then reports back to us in 3 months.

Community Guru
7 of 24

Still, if his parents can afford to send him to a top London university, doubtless he's capable of writing his own poems.

Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
8 of 24

I usually just type out In Search Of Lost Time verbatim and call it a day.

Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
9 of 24

Good evening Indunil,

A cover letter cannot be a common template that you use for each and every job. Every job requirement will be different and you'll need to compile your cover letter accordingly. So what are the essential contents of a good cover letter? Well, to begin with, a short introduction about yourself...maybe just a line or two. A brief 'related' past experience. When I mean related, it should be any job that was similar to the one that you are applying for now.

Next, you'll need to discuss the job itself...what 'you' understand about this job and how skilled you are to optimize this job. Remember, a cover letter needs to be concise and kept formal at all times.

Your profile looks good enough to me (I am not able to say better, as I am from a different field). Check what your competitors hourly rates are and in the cover letter, you can justify  why you are demanding the ' hourly price/ rate'. Follow these few things, be persistent and judicious and you shall be rewarded.

All the very best buddy! Cheers!!

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
10 of 24

I don't know about you guys but I write it kinda like this:

I have experience in providing web content, proofreading, and editing for the following websites:

Link 1 - (what I do)

Link 2 - (what I do)

etc.

Hire me if you want my skills.

If the client requires "samples", I point them to published work by adding the following:

For samples of my work, see below:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Now I can't say it's perfect but it sure gets straight to the point. And it's quite flexible for practically every job I apply for unless the client requires me to write a secret code first.

@Jennifer, how do you know he plagiarized it? o-o

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS