Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create company and existing personal client

cdorbesi
Cristian D Member Since: Mar 28, 2016
1 of 4

Hello,

I've a personal account and I would like to add another freelancer to work with one of my clients.

In order to this I need to create a Company. However, i've a few doubts about this I was not able to answer by reading the forum.

1 - After creating the company, can I move just one of my clients to this company?

2- Does the client need to do any aproval or update from their side?

3- With my personal account I've a 5% fee now. Would this change imply I've to start over from 20%? or will I continue under 5% fee?
4- Far as I know, they money from the company is kept in a different upwork account. Would I be able to withdraw this company account to my personal bank account?.

Thanks,

Cristian

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Cristian,

If you create an agency, the client would need to create a new contract in order for it to be under the agency's umbrella. Contracts can't be moved. Also, note that the client will still have a separate contract with an agency freelancer and that freelancer will be doing the work but all the payments will be sent to the agency account.

Please, check this article for more information about agencies.

~ Valeria
Untitled
cdorbesi
Cristian D Member Since: Mar 28, 2016
3 of 4

Hi, thanks for you quick response Smiley Happy
1 and 2 are answered now. What about 3 and 4?

Regards,

Cristian

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Cristian,

We calculate agency service fees based on total agency billings with a client across all contracts. This means that all contracts any of the agency’s freelancers have had with a single client count towards an agency’s lifetime billings with that client. 

Yes, you can add your personal bank account as a withdrawal method to your agency account.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS