🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Created profile before week and applied aroun...
Page options
d292bce0
Community Member

Created profile before week and applied around 5 Jobs but not received any reply

Hello there 

I'm new here on upwork and heard so much about upwork project success but this is quite diappointing that I have been actively applying for diffrent project arond my skills but not recived any reply from client. I have created unique cover letter for each job I have applied for. I also keeping my rates under the budget client has mentioned. Yet not reciving any reply and this demotivates me. 
Need help.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Mansi N wrote:

I have been actively applying for diffrent project arond my skills but not recived any reply from client.

5 is literally nothing. You are in a terribly competitive category, and most new freelancers never win their first contract.

You also need to work on your profile. Your overview needs to explain your unique selling point, how clients benefit from hiring you, not just list skills. There is no portfolio, there is no employment history, nothing that would give a client some confidence that you are an expert at what you do.

richardrader
Community Member

You have no portfolio or list of actual experiences. Clients want to see proven results. So perhaps add a few success stories in your portfolio and description. You also want to add any certifications to the certifications section of your profile. This will give you an edge over those who don't have or don't display them on their profile. Once you get a few reviews from clients it will get easier, You are in a tough market still, there are many freelancers who do bing and google ads PPC so try to differentiate yourself as much as possible. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths