🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Creation of invoices
Page options
sarahpriem
Community Member

Creation of invoices

Hello,

I am currently wondering how to create my own invoices in order to be in compliance with the French tax authorities. For each work on Upwork, we receive an invoice + receipts regarding Upwork's fees. When I create my invoices, should I write the money I receive or the price the client paid before the deduction of the fees by Upwork?

For example, if the client paid $30 and I received $25, should I indicate $30 or $25 on the invoice?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sarah

4 REPLIES 4
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Ideally, it should be done as gross reporting....show income as USD 30 and show Upwork fee as Exp. of USD 5 and arrive are at net income of USD 25! 

But that will be a lot of hassle especially since forex conversation will be involved from USD to EURO. I will just show what reflects in my bank account as net income this way it will be easier to reconcile with amounts reflecting in the bank account. 

But you should also have a quick chat with someone familiar with France's IT rules and laws! 

Ashraf K wrote:

Ideally, it should be done as gross reporting....show income as USD 30 and show Upwork fee as Exp. of USD 5 and arrive are at net income of USD 25! 

You know exactly what about French taxes? 

If "nothing" - don't give advice on how to report French taxes.

Simples.

Okay, thank you very much for you advices. I am now in touch with a local tax advisor, I will hopefully know more soon.
Thank you for your time.

Hi Sarah,

Did you get an answer from your local advisor? 

I am having the same doubts about upwork invoices and wondering if I should write my own to comply with French laws.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members