🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Credibility
Page options
67332e31
Community Member

Credibility

Hi, I have recently found a new job in the field as a customer service representative and during my onboarding process I have opened a crypotocurrency account and that's all. Yesterday when they hired me I filled out a offer form and a i9. Is there more I should ask from them as In showing some sort of credentials?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Joshua C wrote:

Hi, I have recently found a new job in the field as a customer service representative 

Are you sure?

Joshua C wrote:

during my onboarding process I have opened a crypotocurrency account and that's all. 

That sound like a scam...

Joshua C wrote:

Yesterday when they hired me I filled out a offer form and a i9. Is there more I should ask from them as In showing some sort of credentials?

Can you see a contract on your "My Jobs" Page?

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Sorry, but this sounds like one of the MANY scams here on Upwork. Please read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/From-the-Trust-and-Safety-Team-How-to-Spot-a-Scam/ba-...

Oooooh no. Smh. Can't escape them anywhere you go. Smh. Alright, thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

Please note that it is a violation of Upwork’s Terms of Service to request or share contact information before a contract starts.  You can check this help article for crucial information that will help you have a safe and successful journey on Upwork.

I’ve escalated this report to the correct team for their review and the project has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
67332e31
Community Member

So it turned out to be a scam? Smh. Wow I'm going to have to be better on my end as far as protecting myself. I'm newer into this, obviously, and I would say that reading people over the internet as opposed to face to face confrontation,  is a entirely new challenge in itself.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths