🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cubic Publishing Work
Page options
4c001fab
Community Member

Cubic Publishing Work

Scammed by these people, Everyone who have got back to be regarding a job has said i have to message them via telegram which as i did as it was my first time, i looked the company up they have a website and emails and numbers. i have done the work which was 40 pages of work. Which the deadline with 48 hours, which all was typed and sent back on time. Now are now saying they are having issues with payment and i have to send then 350USD to creatre a international channel for me to recieve my money. I have never herd of this before, I have confirmtion emails and confirmation of project and confirmation of all convos had, they checked in with the throughout the project and now will not pay me for my time.

Please help as i only took the job cause i needed the money. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
majidrazzak
Community Member

Hi,

The best way is to ask your client to deposit the amount in escrow before starting working for them. And make all conversation through Upwork only. Also, share all your work with snapshots in the message box of Upwork and ask the client for confirmation in the message if he has accepted your current work or not.

If you follow the above steps, you will definitely get your payment.

And please note that if a client is a scammer, he will not be with you on the message box.

I believe that this is the safe way.

Regards,

Majid Razzak

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
sofia2008
Community Member

Hi Danielle, the best way to stay safe and not fall for scams it to learn how the platform works before sending proposals and accepting contracts. 

1. Never communicate outside of Upwork before a contract is in place. It is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service

2. You were not hired for that job (you did not receive an offer on Upwork). Never start working before a contract is in place on Upwork.

3. You are not allowed to pay/receive money outside of Upwork. It is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

You can start with some ressources here: Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Thank you for your reply, it was my first time taking a job and i just throught this was how it worked. I did message to speak to someone from upwork but no one got back to me. but i will just having to take it as it is and i have learnt my lesson. 

There are real jobs here, and not everyone is a scammer. Typing words from a pdf or whatever the task was, that is not a real job. That is just a pretense to keep you busy until they hit you up for some fake fee. 

This is especially annoying because you lost real time, but at least you didn't lose money. 

re: "I did message to speak to someone from upwork but no one got back to me"

In the future, don't do that.

If you have questions, come to the Community Forum and post your questions. People are here around the clock who can help you.

Thank you
a3cc17ca
Community Member

I have just been scammed by these and lost the money of 50$ 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Warning this as the same scammed job

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

pgiambalvo
Community Member

You were scammed and will not get any money.

Big lesson for me today. 

Sadly, you are not alone.

majidrazzak
Community Member

Hi,

The best way is to ask your client to deposit the amount in escrow before starting working for them. And make all conversation through Upwork only. Also, share all your work with snapshots in the message box of Upwork and ask the client for confirmation in the message if he has accepted your current work or not.

If you follow the above steps, you will definitely get your payment.

And please note that if a client is a scammer, he will not be with you on the message box.

I believe that this is the safe way.

Regards,

Majid Razzak

5de0c306
Community Member

Ye i just got scammed too, for the same reason

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths