🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Curiosity Willing to Know GIG Order Experienc...
Page options
deardipu
Community Member

Curiosity Willing to Know GIG Order Experience from Other.

Hi dear community members,
I hope all of you are doing great during this pandemic.

9 GIGs of mine approved, but I have not gotten an order yet. As gigs are open for clients, so I think any of you may get order.

Now my question is, how is your experience? And give me some to be stand out so that I can get order.
Thanks
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Md Nazmul,

I would like to let you know that when a client buys your project you get a push notification, an email, and a message in Upwork Messages. Since projects are time-sensitive, it’s a great idea to download the freelancer mobile app and turn on your push notifications. When a client buys your project, the idea is that they are agreeing to what you've pre-defined in your project. So a contract will be created and the milestone will be funded. You'll be notified whenever a purchase happens and a contract room will automatically be opened, at which point you can start messaging. The next step is waiting for the client to provide requirements to you, which were also defined upfront by you when you created the project. Only after the client submits requirements does the due date get set and the "clock" starts for you. We understand that this is a different model, so through the end of 2020 you also can cancel a project within 24 hours of the contract starting without impact to your JSS. Once you deliver the work by the due date, the client can approve (just like a fixed-price contract), funds will be released, the contract will be closed automatically, and your client will be prompted to leave feedback. Note: You can check your notification settings by clicking here.

To make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Md Nazmul Hasan D wrote:
Hi dear community members,
I hope all of you are doing great during this pandemic.

9 GIGs of mine approved, but I have not gotten an order yet. As gigs are open for clients, so I think any of you may get order.

Now my question is, how is your experience? And give me some to be stand out so that I can get order.
Thanks

What do you mean by approved? You mean you sent proposals or what?

Martina P wrote:

Md Nazmul Hasan D wrote:
9 GIGs of mine approved, but I have not gotten an order yet.

He means the pre-packaged products in the project catalogue

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Md Nazmul Hasan D wrote:
9 GIGs of mine approved, but I have not gotten an order yet.

He means the pre-packaged products in the project catalogue

Ah, thanks!

NikolaS

Hi Md Nazmul,

I would like to let you know that when a client buys your project you get a push notification, an email, and a message in Upwork Messages. Since projects are time-sensitive, it’s a great idea to download the freelancer mobile app and turn on your push notifications. When a client buys your project, the idea is that they are agreeing to what you've pre-defined in your project. So a contract will be created and the milestone will be funded. You'll be notified whenever a purchase happens and a contract room will automatically be opened, at which point you can start messaging. The next step is waiting for the client to provide requirements to you, which were also defined upfront by you when you created the project. Only after the client submits requirements does the due date get set and the "clock" starts for you. We understand that this is a different model, so through the end of 2020 you also can cancel a project within 24 hours of the contract starting without impact to your JSS. Once you deliver the work by the due date, the client can approve (just like a fixed-price contract), funds will be released, the contract will be closed automatically, and your client will be prompted to leave feedback. Note: You can check your notification settings by clicking here.

To make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members