cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Time Tracker (Need to hide upworks in time tracker windows )

cbspark
CBS P Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
1 of 12

Hi,

We need to build time tracker by using upworks API so that we can hide upworks logos etc. Basically I do not want my developers to let them know about my project source.

Please let me know if it possible by upworks API.

Thanks

CBSPark

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 12

CBSPark:

I may be the only one here who doesn't understand what you mean, so please forgive my ignorance.

But what?

Are you saying you need a way to hire developers on Upwork and allow them to log time, without them knowing that you are hiring them through Upwork?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 12

I think he wants to build a tracker and thought that it would be neat to just steal Upwork's and remove the branding?

cbspark
CBS P Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
4 of 12

We have our own internal team to work on upworks projects, We simply allocate winning project to our team memebr to do work upon it.

Simply we dont want let them to know that we are taking work from upworks. All our timetracker will do exatly same as upworks time tracker.

Hope its clear to you now.

Thanks

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
5 of 12

correct me if i'm wrong. 

you don't want to let people know you're farming out their work at deep discounts? 

fire_flash_ex
Ace Contributor
I S M H Member Since: Oct 6, 2010
6 of 12

Hello Mariska,

If there wasn't a sub contractor who contracted a contract from another sub contractor, freelancer like me would have had a better desert to enjoy.

Cheers,
Habibullah

fire_flash_ex
Ace Contributor
I S M H Member Since: Oct 6, 2010
7 of 12

Hello CBS,

You can use one account for bidding and accepting works in UpWork.

And you can use another account to distribute work among your team members.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Habibullah

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 12

@I S M H wrote:

Hello CBS,

You can use one account for bidding and accepting works in UpWork.

And you can use another account to distribute work among your team members.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Habibullah

No you can't!!!

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 12

@CBS P wrote:

We have our own internal team to work on upworks projects, We simply allocate winning project to our team memebr to do work upon it.

Simply we dont want let them to know that we are taking work from upworks. All our timetracker will do exatly same as upworks time tracker.

Hope its clear to you now.

Thanks

You **DO** know that you must NEVER EVER allow ANYONE to work on an Upwork contract who has not been specifically HIRED by the CLIENT?

What you are admitting to is grounds for suspension and termination of your account

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 12

CBS P:

I don't know by which route you found your way into the Upwork community, but you seem to have missed some key orientation experiences, or forgotten what was said there, with regards to the nature of the platform.

I mean.... You just can't do this. You can either use Upwork. Or not use Upwork. But you can't really pick and choose key components a la carte like this.

If you want to function as an agency, you simply need to form an agency using Upwork's provided user interface for doing so. You can't have different contractors working on a job by logging time on a contract that was awarded to one individual contractor.

Sorry if that messes up with your plans. I think there are ways for you to accomplish your broader goals, but you need to do within both the physical limits of the platform and also within the intentions and explicit strictures of the platform's rules and ToS.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS