cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Problems

Eric G Member Since: Nov 10, 2018
1 of 4

Why can't I see a picture of my client?  Aren't they required to verify themselves.  And if a client disputes payment what happens?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Eric G wrote:

1. Why can't I see a picture of my client? 

2. Aren't they required to verify themselves. 

3. And if a client disputes payment what happens?

1. Do you need a picture?

2. Sort of. They are required to verify their payment method.

3.  Your contract is an hourly contract. As long as you have logged your time with the Upwork tracker (NOT manual time,) AND have adequate activity levels on the time segments AND all screenshots show you working on the client's project AND have meaningful work memos you are protected.

Otherwise you do not get paid for any screenshots that do not comply with one or more of the above conditions.

You can find out more here.

Muhammad Azhar I Member Since: Jul 3, 2016
3 of 4

Hi Eric !

There is definitely a leverage given to clients as compared with freelancers and for this reason there are some clients who miss treat this feature by blackmailing freelancers and not paying for their completed work. 

Now coming to your disputes section. If a client disputes you will receive an email soo from upwork support explaining about the stuff that your client is not happy with your work... you can decline this dispute but based on my experience so far i have seen there is not even a single dispute which is came out as good... So when you proceed next with dispute you must have to deposit a certain amount into arbitration. 

I have had 3 bad cases but trust me arbitration is not one of those things you'd really like to indulge yourself into.. specially if you are working on other projects too. 

At the end you will loose your money for sure.. 

Simply just try to sort out and resolve the issue with your client in a good way but if still that client is blackmailing or playing with you falsely then God Help you. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

@Muhammad Azhar I wrote:

1) you can decline this dispute but based on my experience so far i have seen there is not even a single dispute which is came out as good... 

2) So when you proceed next with dispute you must have to deposit a certain amount into arbitration.

3) At the end you will loose your money for sure..

1) Then you haven't looked closely enough.

2) The OPs contract is hourly. There is no arbitration. Also, arbitration is the very last step AFTER dispute mediation (for fixed rate contracts ONLY)

3) Nonsense

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS