cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service refuses to provide me Upwork tax ID

fabrisco
Fabrizio S Member Since: Mar 18, 2017
1 of 4

Hi guys, I'm a freelance and I received my 1st payment to my bank account.
That's a money transfer to my business bank account so I need to issue an invoice as tax document because of this incoming payment.

I contacted Upwork customer service and in the beginning they refused to provide me their data, then I insisted because it makes no sense and they gave me their address but not their tax number. I really don't understand why they refuse to give their data which they should be public.
It's like when we receive a payment from Google Adsense, we generate an invoice for the payment received and we give to our accountants. In many year of activity Upwork is the only company which refuses to provide his data for billing.

Because of their horrible customer service (they sent me a link for getting paid in Ukraine but I live 5000km far away from that country and I've never been there, they invented Ukraine from nothing) I was looking online by myself and I found this.

Upwork Global Inc.

441 Logue Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043
USA
VAT ID: EU528002406

Can you please confirm me that is it correct?
How do you declare the payment you receive from Upwork?

Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Fabrizio,

I've checked your ticket and believe the confusion stems from the fact that we can't share Upwork's TIN with you, which you requested, but can provide our VAT number, which I think is the one you need. I'll ask someone from our team to follow up on your open ticket and confirm our VAT number, and assist you with any other question you might have. 

I also apologize for the mistake our agent made with sharing information related to accessing Upwork earnings in Ukraine, but can confirm all the other replies are in line with our internal procedures and processes.

Untitled
fabrisco
Fabrizio S Member Since: Mar 18, 2017
3 of 4

Hi Vladimir and thanks for your kind message. Yes, I need the VAT number, can you please give it to me?

Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Fabrizio,

My pleasure, I see my colleague already responded on your ticket and provided the VAT number.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS