cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support debited your account? Edited?

Community Leader
Melinda M Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
1 of 24

On August first I had a monthly connects renewal in the amount of 94 connects. I just saw, on the same day, that customer support debited my connects account in the amount of 70 connects which left me with 24 connects. WTH?? What is that??

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 24

yep, happened to me too. I think when you transition they add connects but they aren't permanent like the ones you buy. I only lost 30 IIRC. Wish I had blown more of them if I had known. but meh whatever.

Community Leader
Melinda M Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
3 of 24

I'm sorry. I don't follow? "when you transition"? I have always gotten monthly connects and have kept them. I have NEVER gotten them taken from me. 

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
4 of 24

Melinda M wrote:

I'm sorry. I don't follow? "when you transition"? I have always gotten monthly connects and have kept them. I have NEVER gotten them taken from me. 

When we were transitioned from free connects to paid connects, top rated freelancers got a one-time credit of 60 freebies. But Jennifer thinks that they might not "roll over" like paid connects do - can one of the mods please confirm whether that's the case? Because if it is, then I'm going to blow all of mine in a rampage of spam bidding.

(Just kidding - please don't edit me for community guidelines.)

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
5 of 24

My freebies (valued member credit) were taken back within days of them being given to me.  It was a pointless exercise and not valued in the least.

Community Guru
6 of 24

Kim F wrote:

My freebies (valued member credit) were taken back within days of them being given to me.  It was a pointless exercise and not valued in the least.

lol same. I think I had them for 1-2 weeks. They ported me over before my next billing date and when my subscription was up, they yanked them. Trying to fight over it is too much effort over 30 connects but I don't know if I misunderstood the process, missed the notification, or if it's a bug. Who knows with Upwork.

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
7 of 24

I think y'all have a bug. My one-time allotment of 60 have rolled over. I believe that any connects you have--whether purchased or hoarded from the good, ol' days--are good for one year from date of issue as long as you don't have more than 140 in your account on rollover day. If you do, they'll only let you roll over 140.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 24

@gilbert-phyllis wrote:

I think y'all have a bug. My one-time allotment of 60 have rolled over. I believe that any connects you have--whether purchased or hoarded from the good, ol' days--are good for one year from date of issue as long as you don't have more than 140 in your account on rollover day. If you do, they'll only let you roll over 140.

Mine did, too. But, I'm NOT Plus, and I think Jenn and Melinda both are. Are you? 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
9 of 24

Mine rolled over, but again I am NOT a plus member...

Community Guru
10 of 24

Yeah I'm a Plus member. That's pretty LOL if they don't roll over for the Plus members. By LOL, I'm really raging inside but have to laugh or I'll say something that gets me into trouble. Can't even reply to the plagiarism thread because I can't think of anything that I want to say that won't get me into trouble.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS