🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Customer Support debited your account? Edited...
Page options
irieislandgirl
Community Member

Customer Support debited your account? Edited?

On August first I had a monthly connects renewal in the amount of 94 connects. I just saw, on the same day, that customer support debited my connects account in the amount of 70 connects which left me with 24 connects. WTH?? What is that??

23 REPLIES 23
lysis10
Community Member

yep, happened to me too. I think when you transition they add connects but they aren't permanent like the ones you buy. I only lost 30 IIRC. Wish I had blown more of them if I had known. but meh whatever.

I'm sorry. I don't follow? "when you transition"? I have always gotten monthly connects and have kept them. I have NEVER gotten them taken from me. 

Melinda M wrote:

I'm sorry. I don't follow? "when you transition"? I have always gotten monthly connects and have kept them. I have NEVER gotten them taken from me. 

When we were transitioned from free connects to paid connects, top rated freelancers got a one-time credit of 60 freebies. But Jennifer thinks that they might not "roll over" like paid connects do - can one of the mods please confirm whether that's the case? Because if it is, then I'm going to blow all of mine in a rampage of spam bidding.

(Just kidding - please don't edit me for community guidelines.)

My freebies (valued member credit) were taken back within days of them being given to me.  It was a pointless exercise and not valued in the least.

lysis10
Community Member

Kim F wrote:

My freebies (valued member credit) were taken back within days of them being given to me.  It was a pointless exercise and not valued in the least.

lol same. I think I had them for 1-2 weeks. They ported me over before my next billing date and when my subscription was up, they yanked them. Trying to fight over it is too much effort over 30 connects but I don't know if I misunderstood the process, missed the notification, or if it's a bug. Who knows with Upwork.

I think y'all have a bug. My one-time allotment of 60 have rolled over. I believe that any connects you have--whether purchased or hoarded from the good, ol' days--are good for one year from date of issue as long as you don't have more than 140 in your account on rollover day. If you do, they'll only let you roll over 140.

@gilbert-phyllis wrote:

I think y'all have a bug. My one-time allotment of 60 have rolled over. I believe that any connects you have--whether purchased or hoarded from the good, ol' days--are good for one year from date of issue as long as you don't have more than 140 in your account on rollover day. If you do, they'll only let you roll over 140.

Mine did, too. But, I'm NOT Plus, and I think Jenn and Melinda both are. Are you? 

Mine rolled over, but again I am NOT a plus member...

Yeah I'm a Plus member. That's pretty LOL if they don't roll over for the Plus members. By LOL, I'm really raging inside but have to laugh or I'll say something that gets me into trouble. Can't even reply to the plagiarism thread because I can't think of anything that I want to say that won't get me into trouble.

kfarnell
Community Member

I'm Plus too. So am adding "quite peeved" to "not valued".  (That surely isn't strong enough to cause the vapours?)

I'm only really responding in the hope that if enough people moan politely, someone might explain why paying more money means getting less.

Kim F wrote:

I'm Plus too. So am adding "quite peeved" to "not valued".  (That surely isn't strong enough to cause the vapours?)

I'm only really responding in the hope that if enough people moan politely, someone might explain why paying more money means getting less.

I think that mine have rolled over too (basic member). You "plus" members should get Upwork to look into this.

Christine A wrote:

I think that mine have rolled over too (basic member). You "plus" members should get Upwork to look into this.

Not the first time it's been mentioned here, so I'm not holding my breath.  However, it would be spiffing if a mod could at least explain why Plus members lose those connects while basic members don't. Again, why am I paying more for less?

Hoping that repetition casts its spell.

(Eta: I am peeved, vexed, disgruntled, irked, exasperated, bothered, miffed, displeased, narked and other similar adjectives about this. Please do not refer to my convenience if you respond.)

Hi Kim and Jennifer,

I checked your connects history and would like to confirm that while bonus Connects don't expire, your Connects balance was updated due to the rollover limit on the Plus membership plan. A freelancer can roll over up to 140 unused Connects each month. If you have more than 140 connects they will be adjusted accordingly when the roll over happens and your new cycle starts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

I checked your connects history and would like to confirm that while bonus Connects don't expire, your Connects balance was updated due to the rollover limit on the Plus membership plan. A freelancer can roll over up to 140 unused Connects each month. If you have more than 140 connects they will be adjusted accordingly when the roll over happens and your new cycle starts. Thank you.

That's clearly not what happened to at least the OP, considering she was left with considerably less than 140 - she was left with 24.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

To clarify, Melinda's Connects weren't adjusted due to the rollover limit and Goran indicated the reason in his first response, without sharing specific details in line with Community Guidelines. He referred directly to Jennifer and Kim in the second reply you quoted, whose case is related to the rollover limit.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

To clarify, Melinda's Connects weren't adjusted due to the rollover limit and Goran indicated the reason in his first response, without sharing specific details in line with Community Guidelines. He referred directly to Jennifer and Kim in the second reply you quoted, whose case is related to the rollover limit.

Got it, Thanks for clarifying 🙂

Hi Kim and others,

Following up to reiterate the information Goran shared that bonus Connects Top Rated freelancer received when paid Connects were implemented in their category expire one year from the date of issue, regardless of the membership plan the freelancer is subscribed to. However, they are subjected to the rollover limit applied to both membership plans.

Finally, I'd like to confirm that I've checked the thread participants' Connects History and can confirm that bonus Connects have been issued as expected and Connects balance adjusted in line with the rollover limit. I see that confusion stems from the coincidence that two freelancers whose Connects were adjusted are subscribed to the Plus plan.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Tiffany S wrote:

Phyllis G. wrote:

Mine did, too. But, I'm NOT Plus, and I think Jenn and Melinda both are. Are you? 

I am not.

Hi Melinda,

I`m sorry about the delay in responding back. I can see that our team has already shared more details about your connects on your ticket. Just to confirm again, your connects were adjusted when your membership plan was updated. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here on your ticket directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for responding.  So basically some people were awarded bonus connects and lost them within 24 hours because of the cycle of their accounts.  And the real "valued member" peeps are those who had already bid heavily that month and fancied another splurge before their connects were eaten. The ones who supposedly are to be discouraged.

That's nice. I suppose the best thing is to regard them as "sarcastic connects". 

lysis10
Community Member

Kim F wrote:

Thanks for responding.  So basically some people were awarded bonus connects and lost them within 24 hours because of the cycle of their accounts.  And the real "valued member" peeps are those who had already bid heavily that month and fancied another splurge before their connects were eaten. The ones who supposedly are to be discouraged.

That's nice. I suppose the best thing is to regard them as "sarcastic connects". 

lol God bless reddit where I can post my real thoughts. 

We should call them tease connects. "herrrre fishy fishy fishy. just kidding your membership is up! haha"

kfarnell
Community Member

lol God bless reddit where I can post my real thoughts. 

We should call them tease connects. "herrrre fishy fishy fishy. just kidding your membership is up! haha"

I apologise for the inconvenience and any confusion you may have experienced, but real thoughts can easily be posted here if you can write like a slightly tetchy Edwardian maiden aunt.

Hi Kim and Jennifer,

I understand where you're coming from with the argument against bonus Connects being subjected to the rollover limit and treated as part of the regular account balance. I'd like to address the issue with the timing when the bonus Connects were issued that Kim brought up. I can confirm that we'd definitely assist freelancers who received the allotment within a short time frame before their billing cycle date and invite any freelancers who had this experience to reach out to us here or to Customer Support. I'd also like to clarify that we've shared your feedback with our team.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths