🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Customer can't hire me
Page options
volkot
Community Member

Customer can't hire me

Today, I've got an email about change my account status - they set me as invisible, because I don't spent connections last week. (one more way for push to pay more)
And several hours after, a customer, wich I had a long time disscusion about a project, wants to hire me, but can't to find me.
UPWORK, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!! Why you try to destroy all arround in the race for conection's money?!!!

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Valentine C wrote:

Today, I've got an email about change my account status - they set me as invisible, because I don't spent connections last week. (one more way for push to pay more)

Nonsense. It has nothing to do with not spending connects, it is because you have not earned any money in 30 days. All you have to do is click on the button to ask to be set public again.

Valentine C wrote:

And several hours after, a customer, wich I had a long time disscusion about a project, wants to hire me, but can't to find me.

The client can't find you in search, but will easily find you from the "long time discussion" - if you applied to a job with that client or they inited you.

volkot
Community Member

He is newbie here. We have found how to do it.
But about invisible mode is open question.
Frelancer say: "we haven't jobs, all our connections are flying out for anything"
You answer: "don't spend connections, keep them for project where you fit at 100%"
We follow this advice - Upwork set us as invisible, and block us for invitation for any new potencial customers. Yes, I can make a requst and support will set me as visible back DURING 3 DAYS!!! I lose 3 days!!!
Sorry, but I see in this scheme a pushing for spending and buying more and more conections. Or buying Plus plan. Upwork dosn't do anything for freelancers lately. They're only pushing and limiting us..

ambroz
Community Member

You do not need to spend 3 days

You can set you visible again in 2 seconds.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Valentine, 

I have set your profile visibility to public as requested. If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public. You may read more about this in this help article.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members