🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Customer does not pay for work
Page options
antoni01
Community Member

Customer does not pay for work

A client fails to release a milestone payment despite the delivery of work. Does the contract close automatically in my favor?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Anton R wrote:

A client fails to release a milestone payment despite the delivery of work. Does the contract close automatically in my favor?

Did you submit the work through the "Submit work for payment" function?

When did you do so?

Is it fully funded?

If you correctly submitted the work against a fully funded milestone, the client has 14 days to review the work and either release the milestone, or request changes.

If the client does not request changes, the money is released automatically after 14 days.

The contract will not close automatically though.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Anton R wrote:

Did you submit the work through the "Submit work for payment" function?

When did you do so?

Is it fully funded?

If you correctly submitted the work against a fully funded milestone, the client has 14 days to review the work and either release the milestone, or request changes.

If the client does not request changes, the money is released automatically after 14 days.

The contract will not close automatically though.

the102creative
Community Member

I believe as long as you sent a request for payment, the money should be released within two weeks (given, it was ignored by the client). This is according to another upwork freelancer.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members