🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Customer threatens to complain on my behavior...
Page options
webdrug
Community Member

Customer threatens to complain on my behavior.

Hello Communiti I have some problem and need to help.

I worked for my customer website. It's not his own service because he made it for his customer.

He asked me to fix and checkout/payment subscription on website.
He didn't provide credit card credentials and we used my credit card and make few subscriptions. After that I canceled all of them but after a few days was paid 175$ for subscription.
After that I asked him to ask his cusomer to refund this money and he didnt answer anything and just closed contract and send me bonus 150$. I thought the situation resolved but on the same day 175$ more was paid  again. I chat to him that I canceled all subscriptions but he just ignored me. I left it without making disputes on upwork or payment systems. 

Now, after 9 days he chatted to me that canceleration service didnt worked good enough and ask me to fix it. I asked him to refund my money before I can continue to work and now he  threatened that he would complain about me in the upwork and he blocked me in messages.

What i can do to save my account and resolve the situation? (I have all screenshots of payments)

Best Regards,
Roman

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Is there any other instruments to 'inform' upwork except reviews or disputes?"

- A client can give you a review/feedback when a contract is closed.

- A client can file disputes, such as when he disputes time he sees in a work diary

- A file can click on the "Flag as inappropriate" on a freelancer's profile page.

Other than that, are there any instruments for reporting a freelancer?

Generally speaking?
No. There are no other instruments to report a freelancer for "bad behavior."

But technically... a client CAN contact Customer Support or a client CAN post here in the Community Forum to report their unhappy experiences with a freelancer.

I think that in your case, this is over, and that the client is not going to do anything else. But I have no proof of that.

If the client is some kind of scammer who was just trying to trick you into running your credit card so that he could collect payments... then he is not going to report you. He doesn't want to draw attention to himself.

If the client sincerely was unhappy with you and tries to contact Upwork Customer support about you... Then I don't know if there is anything you can actually do about it at this point.

There is no button labelled:
"Proactively Notify Upwork that I am a Good Freelancer and a Client's Complaints are Invalid"

Like I said before, the fact that the client BLOCKED you indicates to me that this matter is over.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Roman:

In the future, you should not use your own credit card to test payment gateways that you set up on behalf of clients.

Payment gateways have sandbox modes that can be used with assigned fake credit card numbers.

re: "What i can do to save my account and resolve the situation?"

I do not believe that your account is in jeopardy.

That client blocked you. This means that he no longer wants to communicate with you. He no longer wants you to work on his project. I believe that this matter is now over.

That is the only answer that I will be providing at this time.

I don't believe that you need any more information. But if you DO have more questions, please ask ONE question using no more than 20 words. (In order to maximize communication.)

Thank you for the answer.
Customer just has wrote to me from another account and sayd he has informed upwork about the situation and my befavior but I dont see any disputes and contract was closed with 5star before this payment problems found.

Is there any other instruments to "inform" upwork except reviews or disputes? 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Roman P wrote:

Thank you for the answer.
Customer just has wrote to me from another account and sayd he has informed upwork about the situation and my befavior but I dont see any disputes and contract was closed with 5star before this payment problems found.

Is there any other instruments to "inform" upwork except reviews or disputes? 

This client sounds like a scammer, and I would inform your CC of the fraud and ask them to chargeback the expense to him. 

re: "Is there any other instruments to 'inform' upwork except reviews or disputes?"

- A client can give you a review/feedback when a contract is closed.

- A client can file disputes, such as when he disputes time he sees in a work diary

- A file can click on the "Flag as inappropriate" on a freelancer's profile page.

Other than that, are there any instruments for reporting a freelancer?

Generally speaking?
No. There are no other instruments to report a freelancer for "bad behavior."

But technically... a client CAN contact Customer Support or a client CAN post here in the Community Forum to report their unhappy experiences with a freelancer.

I think that in your case, this is over, and that the client is not going to do anything else. But I have no proof of that.

If the client is some kind of scammer who was just trying to trick you into running your credit card so that he could collect payments... then he is not going to report you. He doesn't want to draw attention to himself.

If the client sincerely was unhappy with you and tries to contact Upwork Customer support about you... Then I don't know if there is anything you can actually do about it at this point.

There is no button labelled:
"Proactively Notify Upwork that I am a Good Freelancer and a Client's Complaints are Invalid"

Like I said before, the fact that the client BLOCKED you indicates to me that this matter is over.

richardrader
Community Member

Roman, Upwork is not your boss, you are. If he wants to complain to Upwork let him, it will not harm your account. As for the charges you incured you should have used a sandbox environment as Preston said, but you can always contact your bank and chargeback those transactions.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members