cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customised Profile Layout - Is it possible?

Highlighted
Annelé V Member Since: Apr 10, 2017
1 of 15

What I would really appreciate is the ability to arrange the layout of my Work History to showcase my best jobs first. Right now, the work I'm very proud of is hidden behind the "Jobs in progress" dropdown. Those are the jobs I really would have liked to be most prominent.

Prospective clients looking at my profile do have the ability to choose from the dropdown - Newest First, Highest / Lowest Rated and Largest projects, but ideally I want them to first focus on my current work, and not completed projects which were mostly little getting-started projects. And even when you select anything from the dropdown, it still excludes current jobs. 

Am I the only person finding this limiting? I just feel this is my profile and I'd like to showcase it in such a way to show my strengths first, and not the little $5 project I did ages ago when I started on Upwork, but rather my current projects with long-term earnings. 

What do you guys think?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 15

@Annelé V wrote:

What I would really appreciate is the ability to arrange the layout of my Work History to showcase my best jobs first. Right now, the work I'm very proud of is hidden behind the "Jobs in progress" dropdown. Those are the jobs I really would have liked to be most prominent.

Prospective clients looking at my profile do have the ability to choose from the dropdown - Newest First, Highest / Lowest Rated and Largest projects, but ideally I want them to first focus on my current work, and not completed projects which were mostly little getting-started projects. And even when you select anything from the dropdown, it still excludes current jobs. 

Am I the only person finding this limiting? I just feel this is my profile and I'd like to showcase it in such a way to show my strengths first, and not the little $5 project I did ages ago when I started on Upwork, but rather my current projects with long-term earnings. 

What do you guys think?

I agree wholeheartedly.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 15

Hi Annelé,

Thank you for your feedback. There are no immediate plans to add an option for freelancers to change the layout of their Work History, but we'd like to hear what other Upwork users think about it including clients who will be viewing multiple profiles. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
4 of 15

Freelancers in different fields have different needs when it comes to profile layouts. Those of us in graphic arts, for example, would benefit from moving the portfolio section up near the top, instead of buried down below the past jobs list. My preference would be:

1. Overview

2, Work in progress

3. Portfolio

4. Past contracts (and limit to showing only the past 3, with the others available by expanding the section)

5. Employment history
6. Education
7. Tests (or eliminate these completely as they are useless)

But I can see how someone in programming or data entry or other types of work that don't culminate in a visual product would want the portfolio pushed down.

It would be amazing to have some control over this.

Community Guru
5 of 15

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Annelé,

Thank you for your feedback. There are no immediate plans to add an option for freelancers to change the layout of their Work History,

That is one of the most confused replies I have yet to read.

Annelé was absolutely clear.

If there are no immediate plans for freelancers to change the layout of their work history, that too, is absolutely clear.

So the following question: "but we'd like to hear what other Upwork users think about it including clients who will be viewing multiple profiles" is not clear at all.

Community Guru
6 of 15

We  wouldn't have to edit history, but I would love to put the client (who went to jail) at the bottom of my list.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 15

Nichola,

Annelé's suggestion is interesting and we would like to hear from more users what they think about it. That said, we can't promise any immediate changes in this regard.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
8 of 15

@Valeria K wrote:

Nichola,

Annelé's suggestion is interesting and we would like to hear from more users what they think about it. That said, we can't promise any immediate changes in this regard.

Thank you.

?

Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
9 of 15

@Annelé V wrote:

What do you guys think?

I would love to have such option available. Excellent idea!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 15

@Annelé V wrote:

What do you guys think?

If that was implemented freelancers would just "hide" their low feedback contracts below a bunch of better ones.

Personally I like it that the job history can not be manipulated so easily.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS