cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customised Profile Layout - Is it possible?

Ace Contributor
Karen B Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
11 of 15

Well, wouldn't you pretty much do that in a real in-person job interview -- wouldn't you give references for jobs that you know you'll get glowing reports?

Besides, sometimes negative feedback isn't necessarily the freelancer's fault.  So far, I have had 100% job satisfaction from clients, but I recently had one client who didn't clearly articulate her requirements, and I messaged her a couple times to clarify exactly what she wanted, and she was still vague, and we were under a really tight deadline, so after I submitted close to 11,000 words of edited material, THEN she said, "Oh but I thought you were going to..."   And, of course, I would have had she asked, but she didn't. So now I'm expecting mediocre feedback...which I would certainly want to drift down to the 2nd page.  

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 15

Karen B wrote:

So now I'm expecting mediocre feedback...which I would certainly want to drift down to the 2nd page.  

Aside from the fact that this thread is 2 years old...

This is exactly why freelancers can't re-order their feedback history. Otherwise everyone would have only glowing feedback, (with the mediocre ones hidden on page X) making the whole thing pointless.

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
13 of 15

I can see Petra's point and the OPs point as well (including the statement made about graphic designers showcasing their portfolio first). 

I wouldn't be opposed to the ability to shift things around.

At the same time, in terms of moving work history around, humanzees will definitely find a way to game that system. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
14 of 15

TU on Petra's point about not being able to manipulate order of jobs for feedback (or any other) purpose.

Easily changing the order of portfolio cateegories and/or pieces should be addressed.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
15 of 15

Even if we could just put the jobs in chronological order would help. It bothers me to see some jobs from last year, some from 2015 and even one that is seven years old figuring near the top of my list.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS