🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » DESKTOP APP NOT OPENING AT ALL: ERROR MESSAGE
Page options
gkgkgk
Community Member

DESKTOP APP NOT OPENING AT ALL: ERROR MESSAGE

Dear Community/Upwork Support team:

Like most freelancers on Upwork I use the desktop app for tracking time worked on a copy. The app was working absolutely fine on my favourite laptop till a few days ago. 

Now, when I click on the app to open it, it just doesn't open. I get an error message saying:

Internal Upwork error: Upwork has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Would you like to restart? Yes/No.

Clicking on Yes does not help at all. The same message turns up again. I am attaching a SCREENSHOT so that someone here who has encountered the same problem and found a solution may help me and others in my position.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app umpteen times. The same message turns up.

I put up a complaint with the Support Team. The initial response was I should uninstall the app and reinstall it. Probably the support team member DID NOT READ my complaint properly, for I had clearly written that I had tried the obvious fixes, including uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

When I got back again to the Support Team, they suggested two courses of action (involving reaching the Appdata folder, deleting it etc). In my case the Appdata folder didn't have any subfolders related to the Upwork app. So the suggestions just did not work.

That leaves me -- and others like me -- with the question: How come an app that was working just fine a couple of days ago, now refuses to even open? 

For now, I have downloaded the app on another laptop -- not my favourite for working on -- and am making do. 

I hope I'll be able to get back to working on my favourite laptop soon.

Warm regards,

S.B. Easwaran

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi SB,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your ticket and I can see that you have followed up with all the details directly there. Rest assured, our engineering team will investigate this further and will assist you directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Goran:

I am eagerly awaiting a solution.

Thank you,

Easwaran

a87a83e2
Community Member

Hi, was this fixed? I'm having the same exact issue. Please advise.

Hi Apple,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while accessing Upwork Desktop App. I see that you are already communicating with our support team via a ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members