🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » DO YOU THINK THE END OF THE YEAR IS PLAYING A...
Page options
sparbrand
Community Member

DO YOU THINK THE END OF THE YEAR IS PLAYING A PART IN THE DEMAND FOR FREELANCERS

I have been working on Upwork for two years now and I noticed that once the year is coming to an end it then becomes difficult to get a job. I have also done a brief investigation of my recent job proposals and I noticed that clients have not been hiring lately, Only one client of 10 has hired a freelancer, and the client hired an invite. What are your thoughts?  

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Most of Upwork clients are in America, and it was American Thanksgiving last week (big holiday) so yes, things do start to slow down at this time of the year and usually stay that way until after Christmas. 

Yeah I noticed this, I think all this has an impact on job offers 

heavenmade
Community Member

It does slow down but this time I am sure It's a recession and a lot of freelancers fighting for a smaller piece of the pie.  Also in times like this, you may see a drop in the quality of clients you get too. Just look at all the Technology layoffs at Intel,

Amazon, Zillow, Meta, FB, HP, Cisco, Microsoft, and Salesforce. 

Wow, this is more serious than I thought. So in times like this what do you advise I do?? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members