🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Data Entry Job Post
Page options
noroshandy
Community Member

Data Entry Job Post

Someone from Upwork posted a Date Entry job but is asking me to pay them to make sure I do the task. Is this legit? They sent me this:
C:/Users/Home/Dropbox/My%20PC%20(DESKTOP-2GJG7QP)/Desktop/Shandy/TELE%20MARY/KOLABTREE%20PROJECT%20DETAILS.pdf

Their names are Larry and Mary Johnson.

7 REPLIES 7
noroshandy
Community Member

See the attached PDF.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

fe713173
Community Member

I would not pay them if they are requesting you to pay them to ensure you do the task. That does not sound legit. 

Thanks for your reply, Joanna. I was skeptical as well. I'm new to Upwork, btw. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Upwork doesn't post jobs, clients do. Some of them are scammers trying to steal your money, like the one you were communicating with. 

When you go to the doctor, do you ask him to pay you to make sure that he takes your treatment seriously?

Good point! I'll bear that in mind. Thank you, Martina!

pgiambalvo
Community Member

It is as scam. Flag and block them.

NikolaS

Hi Shady,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please know that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information o how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths