🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Day by Day falling Client Recommendation
Page options
mehran1013
Community Member

Day by Day falling Client Recommendation

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well. I am noticing for a month now that whenever my 2 or 3 Contracts close within a week after the work completion my Client recommendation falls by 1% each time. Don't know what's happening as the clients leave a good review on the profile and still it's decreasing. From 1st August till now 4% has already fallen. What should I do in this regard or is there something wrong. After the work completion, they appreciate the work also, and whenever I told them to close the Contract it's like they are not recommending me for some reason. Will be glad If someone knows something about this. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
LuiggiR

Hi Mehran,

Thank you for your question. Just to clarify how it works, the Upwork system takes snapshots of your six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks. Your JSS can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated.

It seems that several of your open hourly contracts have been inactive for some time and this can have an impact on your Job Success Score (JSS). You can find out more about JSS changes by checking this help article 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Is the Client Recommendation also updates like JSS, every 2 weeks?

Secondly, The Client Recommendation also depends on the Contract size or it depends per client.

Thank You!

Hi Mehran,

I must apologize for my misunderstanding, I see you're asking about Recommended Score, to clarify:

- Of all the clients who gave you feedback the score reflects the number of clients who said they would recommend you.

- Clients who didn't leave you any feedback are not included in the denominator.

- It's a lifetime calculation, unlike JSS that doesn't consider contracts from more than 2 years ago. The size of the job doesn't have any effect on the Recommend Score shown in My Stats and It doesn't update the same way JSS does. It updates regularly when there is enough new data. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Luiggi R wrote:

Hi Mehran,

I must apologize for my misunderstanding, I see you're asking about Recommended Score, to clarify:

- Of all the clients who gave you feedback the score reflects the number of clients who said they would recommend you.

- Clients who didn't leave you any feedback are not included in the denominator.

- It's a lifetime calculation, unlike JSS that doesn't consider contracts from more than 2 years ago. The size of the job doesn't have any effect on the Recommend Score shown in My Stats and It doesn't update the same way JSS does. It updates regularly when there is enough new data. 

Luiggi, it certainly can't be the number of clients that would recommend you, as it's a percentage, calculated from the values of 1-10. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members