cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate and Re-Activate profile due to some personal reasons

Vatsal C Member Since: May 14, 2018
1 of 7

I want to know if the status of my account will be restored to the same state as it is currently if I deactivate my profile and reactivate it again after two months because of some personal reasons.

- Also if the status is not restored to as it currently is, Will I be able to reactivate(within a given time period) it again if deactivate and provided a proper valid reason?

Thanks
~Vatsal C.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 7

Hi Vatsal,

Being inactive does not affect a user's account or their reputation. Just make sure to change your visibility and availability on your profile and consider setting the out-of-office responder in Messages.

~ Bojan
Untitled
3 of 7

Thanks Bojan for your prompt reply. Though I want to know what happens if I deactivate my account and then reactivate it again after some time after setting up the settings you mentioned. Is it possible to reactivate my account?

Thanks,
~Vatsal

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 7

Just set yourself to "not available" and your profile to "private."

Do NOT "close" your account.

5 of 7
Thanks Petra for your prompt reply. As you mentioned that I can change these settings, but other than that Can I deactivate my profile and reactivate it again after some time(let's say around 2 months), Would I be able to reactivate it and would the status of my account( i.e Client ratings and feedback, tests I've given, etc) would be still there?

Also, if the answer to the above question is YES, Can you guide me of what steps do I need to follow to deactivate and reactivate my profile?

Additionally, Do I need to resubmit my profile for approval once I reactivate it or Will it be already in the accepted state?

~Thanks,
Vatsal C.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 7

Vatsal C wrote:
Thanks Petra for your prompt reply. As you mentioned that I can change these settings, but other than that Can I deactivate my profile and reactivate it again after some time(let's say around 2 months),

Do you mean "close your account" and then "have it re-activated?"

Why in the world would you want to do such a thing?

7 of 7
Actually I'm having some personal problems that's why I want to know if this facility is available or not.

Thanks,
Vatsal C.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS