Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadline Maintaining

md_rasel56
Ace Contributor
MD Rasel S Member Since: Apr 3, 2016
1 of 7

Hello,

Few months ago I had a client who allowed me only 2 days for her project. I accomplished all within the second day. At the last moment on the second day she imposed some extra work and instructed to finish. I replied to her today is deadline and I need to submit my work for your approval and if I do not do so it will be negative effect on my career. It will be assumed that I failed to maintain your deadline. I requested her to increase the timeline and she said she does not know how to do. At the same time I assured her after submitting work I will accomplish rest but she was not ready to accept it. She requested not to submit the work until I finish rest. Finally I Submitted on the second day as a result she was unhappy on me. Afterward she created a milestone for $2 and I finished that.

1. If my client gives extra work on deadline and prohibits me to submit work until I finish it and If I do so what will be the negative effect on my career due to not maintaining the deadline?

2. Should I do that if my client requests so?

3. If I do not maintain the deadline upon request of my client how does it taken by upwork?

4. And from my side if I fail to maintain a deadline then what happens?

I request your wise guideline according to UpWork.

Thank you

Smiley Happy

maheshajwani
Community Guru
Mahesh A Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Hi MD Rasel S.

You can find  answers to all your questions in this thread.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Extending-a-deadline/m-p/253082#M14250

View solution in original post

md_rasel56
Ace Contributor
MD Rasel S Member Since: Apr 3, 2016
3 of 7

Thank you Mahesh

Helpful reference.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 7

The deadline listed in the agreement is not considered by Upwork--that is simply for you and your client to have a clear understanding of your agreement. If the client requests additional work and agrees to extend the contract that is fine, and it is not necessary to change the due date in the system. Simply proceed as you and your client have agreed.

44814af0
Dirk H Member Since: Jan 25, 2018
5 of 7

Is this statement still true? I just hired a freelancer and set the deadline to 9/2, as it is a small package. But he is dependent on another freelandcer, who has to finish her work first. She wrote, that she will finish her task by mid next week. The other freelancer, who is waiting, requested me to change the scheduled deadline, as he would get a worse automatic evaluation, if he doesn't finish on time. Initially he wanted to start on Monday next week.

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
6 of 7

Hi Dirk,

I can confirm that any deadlines established between you and the freelancer are a guideline but do not not have a negative impact on the freelancer if the deadline is not adhered to, so long as the two of you are in agreement about what is happening regarding a timeline.

~Nina
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Hi MD Rasel,

As Tiffany stated, Milestone dates are optional and serve as a reference for both parties, but don't affect the contract or the freelancer's reputation. 

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS