Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadline to enter hours on hourly job?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
1 of 8

I'm working my first hourly job on Upwork and need to know what time today (I think it's) today to enter my hours. Some I will enter manally and will try time tracker for a couple of hours today, wasn't working earlier in the week.

I had my first deadline on Friday and submitted work then, doing revisions now.  Job was awarded last week.

Thanks for your help. Did read the CS section on that but found it pretty confusing. I just need the basics.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

It's midnight UTC, I think. It's 10pm EST for me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 8

Jacqueline, do it now & you're fine. You still have over 3 hours. But don't wait til the last minute -- save that for taxes. Besides, you don't want to get caught in an unscheduled "site maintenance".

4 of 8

Thanks Guys!

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 8

I did it just now and it's logged in on the work diary but that's not showing on the time sheet.

Maybe there is a delay? Or do I have to do something besides logging on the work diary? 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 8

Hi Jacqueline,

Logged hours show in the Work Diary immediately but other reports are updated with a slight delay. As long as you entered the hours in your Work Diary and they show there, the client will be billed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
7 of 8
Jen,

Midnight UTC is 8pm EDT (it varies with seasonal clock changes).

Fun fact: Since contractor payments are issued as of midnight UTC, you can actually claim funds scheduled for release on date x on the evening of date x-1. By PayPal, the transfer should be immediate, even on a Sunday.

Best,
Michael
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 8

oops that's right time change! Whoops! Forgot about that.

ETA: Yes, I actually only wait 4 days sometimes for my money. Depends on the banks. I get it next day some days but usually 2, so I can withdraw the day before the date on my transactions and then get it 2 days later, so it's usually about 7 days from release to bank for me. 

I could shave off a day witht Paypal but since I withdraw as soon as money is available, I'd be spending $20-$30 a month just to get it a day quicker. So I go for the free option.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS