🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Deadlines of fixed- price contracts and JSS
Page options
nanaaramyan
Community Member

Deadlines of fixed- price contracts and JSS

Dear colleages! Can missed deadline in  fixed -price contract affect on JSS dropping down ???  

I was maintaining 100% for two years.  Dropped to 96% last week. Would like to understand the reason. I don't have closed contracts since  September, have 2 idle contracts, but have money earned on both. The only explanation that comes to my mind,  I missed twice the deadline on my current fixed-priced contract, I work on it since December.

Thanks in advance for reply.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nana A wrote:

Thank you very much for reply, Robin!!!

To be honest I  asked several times the clients of my 2 idle contracts to close the job if there is no work to do for the moment, they both seem unresponsive. Should I close these contracts by myself to  avoid  fruther drop down of JSS or it is better to wait ? 

For now don't close them.  Odds are they won't provide feedback and your JSS will go down.  Instead, wait a few months and if they still don't reach out then I would close one at a time leaving a few months in-between.  Hopefully by then you'll have more completed jobs under your belt and your JSS will not be affected as much. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
2a05aa63
Community Member

Deadlines don't drop JSS, but it may make your client unhappy and they will rate you lower in the private feedback.

Thank you!  For the moment client seems to be happy with work and we continue our collaboration.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Nana A wrote:

Dear colleages! Can missed deadline in  fixed -price contract affect on JSS dropping down ???  

I was maintaining 100% for two years.  Dropped to 96% last week. Would like to understand the reason. I don't have closed contracts since  September, have 2 idle contracts, but have money earned on both. The only explanation that comes to my mind,  I missed twice the deadline on my current fixed-priced contract, I work on it since December.

Thanks in advance for reply.

No that's not what did it.  The contract hasn't closed yet.  Your 24-month, 12-month window has changed and since you haven't closed contracts since September the window has fewer jobs in it.  If one of those jobs had poor private feedback it could have lowered your JSS.  

To be honest I  asked several times the clients of my 2 idle contracts to close the job if there is no work to do for the moment, they both seem unresponsive. Should I close these contracts by myself to  avoid  fruther drop down of JSS or it is better to wait ? 

Nana A wrote:

For now don't close them.  Odds are they won't provide feedback and your JSS will go down.  Instead, wait a few months and if they still don't reach out then I would close one at a time leaving a few months in-between.  Hopefully by then you'll have more completed jobs under your belt and your JSS will not be affected as much. 

Robin H wrote:

Nana A wrote:

Should I close these contracts by myself to  avoid  fruther drop down of JSS or it is better to wait ? 

Odds are they won't provide feedback and your JSS will go down.

That just isn't true.

Red Herring. 2 out of 30 is nowhere near enough to have any negative effect on the JSS

Thank you for reply Petra! 

I was thinking the same, but as I understood their open state anyway affected to my current JSS, what is fair. 

Thank you!!!

Generally, if there's no exact plan for the client to add more tasks in the next 2-4 weeks, I ask to close and reopen the contract when they want to work again. If they don't respond - I'm writting them that I'm going to close the contract in a week if they don't reply. 100% of the people that didn't close it immediately never respond nor add a feedback, so I just close them in a week of unresponsivemess. Before I would still give them a good feedback if I got paid, but now I'm considdering decreasing their score of the responsiveness. Review are big variable for the freelancers successs, and if the client doesn't respect that - it needs to be reflected.

Thank you for reply and advice, Viacheslav! 

You are absolutely right.  The responsiveness is very much important, and is also kind of respect of the work done. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths