cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with Clients who change job specifications repeatedly no the same payment

prospect39
Community Leader
Peter G Member Since: Aug 1, 2015
11 of 14

Lord Scott!  I thought you were lost on that Antarctic expedition.  Good to see you again, old chap!

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
12 of 14

Yes, back from the mountain retreat! Planning the next expedition already though... running low on Squirt, Hot Pockets and Reeces, so need to get back to the motherland!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
jolash
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
13 of 14

RE:

------------------

For the rest I get usually told I'm too expensive (at $10/h) or just declined.

------------------

Alice , I can relate with the 'slump' in business and quality clients.

But anyone who thinks you are too expensive at that figure is totally unaware of the value they are going to get from you.

I stand to be corrected but time and time again , great work has always gotten it's due reward.

You know that , I know that . the high quality contractors on this plaform know that.

Yes chaging times and trends calls for a change in tactics but if it is great , high quality work , someone out there is going to ensure you get well rewarded. You only have to ensure that your standards dont drop. It is what speaks for you.

All the best in your future gigs.

mohamadawada
Ace Contributor
Mohamad A Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
14 of 14

Hey Alice!

Well, given your impressive and experienced profile on Upwork, you should really not worry too much about bad feedback if you refuse to do extra work for free. Let them write whatever you want and you can use your chance to write feedback to explain what happened. For future reference, be straightforward in your refusal without being too agressive in language and offer them a certain discount for that extra work. For example, I'd tell them something like "thank you for continuing to trust in my services, but X and Y were not part of the original job agreement and there is no way for me to do that extra work for free without compromising on the quality you deserve. However, instead of charging you C for this extra task, I can offer you a 10% discount." If the client responds negatively to that, cut them off and explain your position in the reply to the feedback! I hope that works for you Smiley Happy

Mohamad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS