🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dealing with clients who can't be bothered to...
Page options
madbanditroy
Community Member

Dealing with clients who can't be bothered to read the fine print.

I got offered a job to rewrite a treatment for a reality TV show, but it's hard for me to accept the offer because the client hasn't filled his address on his account. I feel I should cut my losses and decline the offer since he hasn't responded to me about it. This is another "client" who didn't bother to read the fine print, and I'm getting sick of them. I welcome your thoughts out there.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Tell him you can't move forward until he completes the information Upwork requires of him.

Then move on to other proposals, other clients who do pay attention to dotting the i's and crossing the t's. I wouldn't want to work with any client who can't be bothered taking care of even the simplest of necessary details. That sort of person is not easy to work with in the best of circumstances and working remotely only makes that sort of client relationship even more difficult for a conscientious freelancer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Tell him you can't move forward until he completes the information Upwork requires of him.

Then move on to other proposals, other clients who do pay attention to dotting the i's and crossing the t's. I wouldn't want to work with any client who can't be bothered taking care of even the simplest of necessary details. That sort of person is not easy to work with in the best of circumstances and working remotely only makes that sort of client relationship even more difficult for a conscientious freelancer.

e6920a32
Community Member

You tell him that he can't work with you until you can provide the freelancer with full details.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members