🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dear commmunity fellows. Client Troubling for...
Page options
hafiz_m16
Community Member

Dear commmunity fellows. Client Troubling for feedback.

Dear commmunity fellows. I had a contract with a client and I worked according to the instruction. He delayed me for 1 month to release payment. He already had a negative history. I gave him negative feedback. Now he is troubling me for different ways. He is also demanding for refund due to negative feedback. But I do not want to change the feedback. Please guide me what should I do?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Block him.

petra_r
Community Member

Hafiz M H wrote:

Please guide me what should I do?

How long ago were you paid?  If within the last 30 days, the client can still dispute.

Preston H wrote:

Block him.

Hafiz, please ignore this terrible advice unless you want to do irreperable damage to your your Upwork account.

I was paid 23 august almost 15 days ago.

kat303
Community Member

Hafiz M H wrote:

Dear commmunity fellows. I had a contract with a client and I worked according to the instruction. He delayed me for 1 month to release payment. He already had a negative history. I gave him negative feedback. Now he is troubling me for different ways. He is also demanding for refund due to negative feedback. But I do not want to change the feedback. Please guide me what should I do?

Your first mistake was to send a proposal to this client. If he already had a negative history, it's a good indicator of what present history (your job) will occur. Client statistics are there for a reason. What made you think everything would go just wonderfully with a client who has that type of history.

If you have documentation of this client demanding a refund due to negative feedback, you should report him and provide that documentation 

What should you do?

If you've delivered quality work, completed fully, then definitely do not refund.

If you've already been paid, do nothing unless he starts a dispute. Then reject that dispute notice

If you haven't been paid yet, and there are funds in escrow, start a dispute. 

And of course, don't change the feedback. And if you do, you might want to change it to a lower score. 

hafiz_m16
Community Member

Thanks Dear. I got it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members