Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2018 payment issues (France)

Ace Contributor
Isabelle P Member Since: Oct 19, 2017
1 of 6

Hello and a Happy New Year to all.

I've been working for the same client for months now (I'm currently working on Milestone 16).

I realized just after Christmas that 5 (out of the 7) payments I was expecting have not reached my bank (LCL).

Upwork Support confirmed the payments had been issued but my bank cannot find them.

What should I do, what can I do ? I am talking about over 750$ !

PS : I might have done something wrong : I don't usually have to "claim" payments but, looking into the transaction history, the 2 payments I did get appear as "withdrawals" when the missing transfers only display "fixed price" (I hardly ever work per hour).

Thanks in advance for your help

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Isabelle,

I checked your tickets and I can see that our team has reached out to your bank directly so that we can trace your transactions. For more details about this please refer to your ticket with number 23691824.
If you have any additional questions about this feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will assist you further.

If you`re referring that you`re missing some earnings please send me ore details via PM. You can view more details about your transactions by going to Reports > Transaction History. Thank you.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
3 of 6

Thanks for your reply Goran.

I'll PM you what I sent to my bank (transaction history + invoices corresponding to the missing payments.

I'll be expecting your answer as my (French) bank seems useless !

Ace Contributor
4 of 6

Hello again,

My ticket (23691824was opened on December 28th and I am still short of 756$ for december work and do not know who I should turn to to get answers.

1) Support tells me they've contacted my 'irrespondent' bank, still got to wait.
2) I called the bank again myself : in order to track and identify the 5 missing tranfers, they are asking for UW's SWIFT and the 5 transfer ID's. Does any of you, brilliant contibutors, have access to this kind of info ?

You MUST understand that for every question, I have to wait for 24h to get any answer, therefore another 4 days (Tuesday) before can get back to my bank... when the first missing transfer was expected 5 weeks ago.

I've always thought that UW Support was very helpful but, in my current situation, time counts double : bank overdraft fees, frustation, doubts...

Anyway, I'll stop whinning for the time being and keep my fingers cross hoping for a quick answer.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 6

Hi Isabelle,

I'm sorry to hear about your payment delay. I checked your ticket and saw that our team have updated you recently, I'll follow up with them about your report here. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
6 of 6

Update : 

Thanks Bojan, I finally got a response from Support (probably accounts) who answered my resquest, at great lengths... but unfortunately on the wrong transactions !

Another four days before I can obtain the transaction ID's for the 5 missing payments and forward them to my local bank.

I do not want to be too negative but, once again, I'm surprised there was so much lost in translation between my initial message to Support on Dec 28 and the response I'm getting today.

See what happen next.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS