cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decline Proposal

culaba_honey_gra
Honey Grace C Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
1 of 4

Hi, newbie here. I submitted a proposal for a Data entry work. Two weeks ago, I got a message saying that I am already part of the team and could start working if I am amenable to the terms and conditions of the company. Also gave me a software to download and information about how to do the job which I followed down the letter.  Then just this morning, I decided to check my Upwork inbox and reviewed that message this client sent me only to see that my offer has been declined. I am messaging that client again to verify if I still have the job or not but I have already started working for that client and has almost reach my quota. What should I do in this situation? I am afraid that my time has been wasted and that I will not get paid for this job.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Honey Grace C wrote:I am messaging that client again to verify if I still have the job or not but I have already started working for that client and has almost reach my quota. What should I do in this situation? I am afraid that my time has been wasted and that I will not get paid for this job.

You never had a job. You were doing Captcha Entry which is a nasty, horrible thing to do as it allows scammers, spammers, viruses and so on to break into the sites that use a captcha to keep nasties OUT! Every time you enter one you let one in.....

It is strictly forbidden on Upwork, and of course you will never get paid.

You never received a job offer on Upwork, you never had a contract on Upwork, the job is not showing on your "My Jobs" or "Contracts" tab, and the software you downloaded has infected your computer.

You need to NOT apply to any further jobs until you have educated yourself about the very basics.

STOP doing that Captcha stuff RIGHT NOW. Uninstall the software, change all passwords, run a very good virus and malware scan immediately.

View solution in original post

culaba_honey_gra
Honey Grace C Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
3 of 4

Thanks @Petra. I will do so. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Honey Grace,

The client you communicated with has been removed from the platform a couple of weeks ago. Please note that all payments have to be processed through Upwork and offering/accepting direct payments is a serious violation of Upwork ToS. Please refer the information Petra shared, flag any captcha entry jobs you come across as they are prohibited on Upwork, never start working without an active contract on Upwork, review all the resources shared in this thread (especially the Safety First links) before continuing to use your Upwork account.

Also, could you please pm me a screenshot of the Skype communication you had with the first prospective client?

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS