Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined Job Proposals

productionbyca
Carol Anne W Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
1 of 4

Hi,

I'm wondering who can see the reasons why a client declined a job proposal.  

Most of my declined proposals are due to "client chose another freelancer" or "project was cancelled" or the like.  However, I have one where the client said "lacks desired skills or qualifications".  

While I would certainly argue that with the client (given the chance), I'm more concerned about whether or not potential clients can see why someone declined a job proposal.  In this specific instance, I met all the requirements outlined in the ad but apparently the client changed his required skills after writing the ad.

Bottom line:  I don't want someone else's rejection to affect opinions of potential future clients.

Thanks.

Carol Anne

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 4

You're okay. Other clients cannot see when or why another client has declined a proposal. The only info the clients can see about you is previous jobs and the feedback. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
3 of 4

Hi Carol Anne,

It would be a nightmare for Upwork to display those stats. 

Their servers are already on the verge of tipping over. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
bud-scannavino
Ace Contributor
Bud S Member Since: Mar 20, 2016
4 of 4

Don't let the Upwork envirenment make you worry needlessly.Smiley Happy

Clients are simply selecting those responses from a menu. There should be one that says "I didn't sell the job and no longer need to hire a freelancer" or " I was just fishing for free information and ideas." You get the idea.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS