🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Declined Proposals and connects
Page options
djravis
Community Member

Declined Proposals and connects

Over half of the proposals I have submitted, have all either been declined for not meeting Upwork standards. Is there not a better screening of projects before they are submitted and also I why am I not being refunded for my connects for the proposal submitted that was declined by Upwork's. 

3 REPLIES 3
muriel9402
Community Member

I agree with you, I think that if some jobs are scams, Upwork should surely refund ours connects back to us. I have come across a few scam invites as well. I have also lost many connects due to the scammers and this isn't fair. 

Darrell, Upwork doesn't decline proposals. Clients do. Upwork just notifies you when a client declines your proposals. I also don't think there are any Upwork "standards" for proposals, other than not sending the same generic proposal to every job you apply to. 

Muriel, if you discover that a job is a scam, flag it as inappropriate or mention it here so a moderator can look into it. Once Upwork cancels a job because it violates Upwork terms, connects you used to apply for that job will be returned to you. 

I *think* the OP is talking about job posts that are removed by Upwork for violations of TOS. But, it is hard to tell as he is referring to proposals. 

OP, the job of screening, to some extent, lies with the individual business owner (the freelancer). If many of the jobs to which you are applying are later being removed due to TOS violations, then I think you should consider why. What characteristics do these jobs have in common and how can you avoid similar jobs in the future? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths