🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Declining client invites...a new "prepolu...
Page options
m_sharman
Community Member

Declining client invites...a new "prepoluated" reason

I'd like to propose that one of the other "prepopulated" no reasons Upwork provides when declining an invitation is "Client invited too many freelancers."

Perhaps I'm in the minority, would not be the first time, but a lot of times the reasons don't match why I decline, it's because I think the client is spamming.

Obviously I can add it via "other" but I'm curious if others decline invites for this same reason. 

4 REPLIES 4
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If I think they're spamming, I flag the job post and decline due to 'not interested in work described'. I also do that with ones that are clear cases of academic fraud (of which I get lots because 'research').

Phyllis G wrote:

If I think they're spamming, I flag the job post and decline due to 'not interested in work described'. I also do that with ones that are clear cases of academic fraud (of which I get lots because 'research').

Interesting....and sorry I mispelled "prepopulate" on the title, I can't edit it 😞

wescowley
Community Member

Miriam H wrote:

I'm curious if others decline invites for this same reason. 

Yes, I do. Though lately, the "I need a job, will you hire me" invites are winning in frequency.

jr-translation
Community Member

Miriam H wrote:

I'd like to propose that one of the other "prepopulated" no reasons Upwork provides when declining an invitation is "Client invited too many freelancers."

Perhaps I'm in the minority, would not be the first time, but a lot of times the reasons don't match why I decline, it's because I think the client is spamming.

Obviously I can add it via "other" but I'm curious if others decline invites for this same reason. 

I would like to have the option: TS did not read my profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths