🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Delayed mpesa withdrawal
Page options
stevemk
Community Member

Delayed mpesa withdrawal

I withdrew funds Friday last week through Mpesa. Its now five days and still waiting. Upwork say they are following up with the payment processor, but nothing positive has come out of it. Please help. Five days is a long time for a process that usually takes less than half an hour.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

I'm sorry to hear about your withdrawal. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

I'm sorry to hear about your withdrawal. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I made a withdrawal through M-Pesa as well and 24 hours down the line I am yet to recieve the money. How do I reverse the funds so that I can withdraw using another payment method?

Hello Peter,

Please allow for 1 business day for your funds to be transferred to your account. If you haven't received your funds after one business day, let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d-kioria
Community Member

Hi Stephen. Was your issue solved? I'm facing the same issue and am being told to just wait. It's four days now.

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork
stevemk
Community Member

Hi Daniel,

Yes, the issue was solved.

d-kioria
Community Member

How long did it take?

I made a withdrawal 10 days ago via Mpesa. That money was a payment of a month's long work. Upwork said their payment processor was doing a compliance review. They later asked me for verification documents which I promptly sent and they confirmed everything had been updated. I haven't received my money yet and Upwork support keeps saying there's nothing they can do. I am fully dependent on the money I earn on Upwork. My daughter is ill and I'm stuck. Upwork should treat issues of payment with a little bit more urgency. It's so agonizing to have to wait so long for money you worked so hard to earn. 

Hi Daniel,

I checked and it looks like our team already followed up on your support ticket about this mater. Please allow a few business days to see the funds in your account. You can access your ticket here. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d-kioria
Community Member

What is a few business days supposed to mean? A few days could even be a full month. 

m-myra
Community Member

Hey Daniel,

Was your issue resolved? How long did you have to wait? 

d-kioria
Community Member

Yes, it was. I waited for 12 days for the withdrawal to be reversed. 

m-myra
Community Member

Good heavens! That's an eternity! I am glad they reversed it though.
I am in a similar situation and the wait is harrowing. That, and all the
things that get affected by the delay.
I only hope I don't have to wait 12 days.
I wonder, after the one incident, have you had similar issues with
withdrawals?

Hi Myra,

I am sorry about the inconvenience this has caused. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork
m-myra
Community Member

Thank you, Nikola. 

Might you know how long this might be expected to take? Things are going awfully wrong. 

Hi Myra,

Our team responds to the tickets in the order they were received. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I requested payment by Mpesa about 24 hours ago am yet to receive the funds. Kindly help.

Hi Simon,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with receiving your funds. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
m-myra
Community Member

I'd also like to know, should I continue working and should I receive other payments? I am concerned whether this is a problem with my account or simply with your payment processor. 

d-kioria
Community Member

I know how frustrating it can be. If it's about the one-time compliance review I suggest asking them to try cancelling the withdrawal and refunding the cash to your Upwork account. The compliance review can take really long. Try asking for a cancellation and then withdraw through another method. 

m-myra
Community Member

Thank you. 

It is not about the compliance review though. I don't know what it is about. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths