🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Delayed payment
Page options
marietta-pamis
Community Member

Delayed payment

Withraw my money last August 30 until now I didn't recieve it on my local bank. How can I request a trace to upwork?
8 REPLIES 8
louisaj
Community Member

Hi Marietta,

It takes 3 days at least to reach your local bank. That's working days. There has been a weekend and a public holiday in the US since August 30. I would estimate your money arriving tomorrow or Thursday. If it doesn't arrive by end of Friday, raise a ticket with Upwork and I'm sure they can advise more. 

When I bank Upwork earnings, they arrive 5 or 6 days after (with the weekend in between) or 3 to 4 days with no weekend in between. 

Louisa 

My 1st time to have delay on my payment. I usually withraw my money every friday. Usually I receive it by monda. If there's an holiday on monday usually I get it by Tuesday.

Hi Abdul Sammad and Marietta,

We can confirm that your withdrawal was successful on our end. Please know that direct to local bank transfers take between 2 to 5 business days. If it hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the direct to local bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

My question to Bojan S : Should i withdraw payment tomorrow ? or should i wait for the first payment to arrive in my account ?

Hi Abdul Sammad,

Please, give some time for your previous withdrawal to clear. Delays are expected due to the bank holiday in the US. Feel free to also contact your bank to check if there are any issues. Once it's cleared, you can attempt another withdrawal.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abdsamupwork
Community Member

Same with me , i withdraw on 28 August , still not received in my local bank account... Another problem is , tomorrow is also wednesday , i withdraw money every wednesday and get in my account within 2/3 hours of time since i am using upwork... 

Now someone from upwork will reply us that we should wait for 8 business days , ok we are waiting , but what about the second withdraw i will request tomorrow ? same will happen to that as well ? actually nobody knows where the problem is...

Same problem. How can we raise ticket after 8 days?

Go to the Upwork Help Center. Scroll down and there will be a button that says GET HELP then you fill in the form.

Hopefully you will all get your money soon. It may be certain countries. I'm in the UK and I banked on Wednesday and it arrived this morning in my account, a day later than usual but I put that down to the public holiday in the US. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members