🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Delete Specialized Profile
Page options
sumonjss
Community Member

Delete Specialized Profile

I want to Delete my specialized Profile but unfortunately there is no Deleting option in my in my profile setting. How to do it now 

84 REPLIES 84

Hi Kevin. if you have 2 Special profiles you can delete one. there you can see an option for one but at least one might be necessary. 

Thanks, Thats great help by Muhammad N

sajidir
Community Member

Thanks this article helped me to delete my one specialized profile in which I chose wrong category.

There is no option of delete..

Hi Danisha,

The option to delete a Specialized Profile is no longer available unless a freelancer has at least one other Specialized Profile. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for the step-by-step screenshots though, Muhammad.

It really works, Thank you so much brother

rafaelobrasco
Community Member

Exactly, a delete function is not available when you have just one "Specialization" on your profile. 

But I found a workaround, wich doesn't delete the " Specialization profile" but at least it doesn't show on your profile.

Here are the steps to disable it:

1. Well, you have created a "specialization profile": which you would like to delete... if the answer is yes, follow the steps.

2. Create your 2nd specialization profile and choose the option "Create from general profile" and click the "Continue"  button.

3. Now select any "Specialty" you want and click the "Continue" button.  

4. On "Add skills for your spacialty" page, do nothing just click on "Save & Continue" button.

5. Now you get to your "Review your profile" page, don't do anything and just click buttom left on "Save and Exit" button. 

7. Now it has created a draft "Specilization profile" wich is not published to public. So it is not visible to anyone.

6. Now go to your "Profile Settings" page and find the "Specialized profiles" section, and you will see  two specializations.

9. The one will show as "draft" and the other one, now you can delete that one. 

10. The draft will stay there, but at least it is not showing to public, unless you will publish it again.

Hope it helps...

Did someone try this out? 

How did it go?

2. Create your 2nd specialization profile and choose the option "Create from general profile" and click the "Continue"  button.

4. On "Add skills for your spacialty" page, do nothing just click on "Save & Continue" button.

5. Now you get to your "Review your profile" page, don't do anything and just click buttom left on "Save and Exit" button. 

7. Now it has created a draft "Specilization profile" wich is not published to public. So it is not visible to anyone.

6. Now go to your "Profile Settings" page and find the "Specialized profiles" section, and you will see  two specializations.

10. The draft will stay there, but at least it is not showing to public, unless you will publish it again.

It went well

Unfortunately, Upwork recently changed it so that people can't do this anymore.  

it worked. Thankyou Man

Thank you very very much!

It works. Thank you so much!

You saved my life! 😁

2434fb86
Community Member

It's also possible to click the 3 dots menu, select "Switch Sepcialization" and after switching to any, it will unpublish the old one. Then, just don't publish it.

Why is it hard to include the option to delete drafts? Makes no sense.

mahmoud015
Community Member

they will not let you delete all your specialized profiles but there is a workaround for sure, you can switch specialty of your specialized profile and it will make it draft and ask you to complete the other options, now you just close it without completing it and the specialized profile will be hidden for others but only available for you.

isildurikc
Community Member

Delete option won't show until you have another specialized profile.

Step 1: Go to profile settings > Just create another specialized profile

Step 2: Go back to the profile settings 

Step 3: Delete the old one that you want to remove by clicking the 3 dots on the side

How do clients find freelancers? By "work" or Specialized profiles?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daria,

Your profile contains an indicator that you have other specialized profiles, and the client has the option to switch between those versions when viewing your profile.

When a client uses the search function to search for freelancers we will show them your most relevant profile. Whether your general or specialized profile is shown will vary depending on the scenario.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ahmaddrashed
Community Member

This solution works even if it's one specialized profile.:

1- Go to your Profile Settings

2- Click on three dots then "Edit"

3- Choose any other speciality and Click "Unpublish and continue"

4- When skills screen pops up don't choose skill and click "Back"

5- Now you will see delete specialized profile.

You're welcome!

This worked like a charm!  Thank you!

Worked for me. Jajhakallah

7052a7af
Community Member

Upowork Specialized Profile.JPG

0149bc4e
Community Member

Hi,
I want to delete one of my specialized profiles in upwork with title Telemarketer, how do I go about that

I have descripted it before, here is a copy: 

-----------------------------------------------

A delete function is not available when you have just one "Specialization" on your profile. 

But I found a workaround, wich doesn't delete the " Specialization profile" but at least it doesn't show on your profile.

Here are the steps to disable it:

1. Well, you have created a "specialization profile": which you would like to delete... if the answer is yes, follow the steps.

Hope it helps...

dr_shah
Community Member

I hope this works for you. you can delete Specialized profile by following these steps.

profile setting---- Specialized profiles- click on those 3 dots--Switch Specialty--select random specialty--move nest-- close the tab leave page undone-- again visit profile setting---- Specialized profiles you will see draft written with your unedited profile. click on those 3 dots again you will see delete option.

Wow, it's working. Thanks

muhliswildan
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I have a workaround to "delete" the specialized profile.

1. Go to https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/settings/profile

2. Click "Add Specialized Profile" in Specialized Profiles section

muhliswildan_0-1659661068598.png

3. Keep clicking "Save & Continue" with the default value

4. After the profile is created, Never click the "Publish Button"

5. Delete all published specialized profiles

6. Now we only have a General profile and a Specialized Draft.

This workaround does not actually delete all specialized profiles but will only show General Profile from public view.

I hope this help, thank you.

hunterwebapps
Community Member

So we get no explanation of why this is enforced? UpWork doesn't provide any support to freelancers, just generic responses with no actual information!

I post "This doesn't work", and their reply is "yes, that doesn't work." What a joke. Thanks for the hack!

032b4454
Community Member

HI THERE. I CAN.
You just click switch speciality > choose any one other > delete > click cancel > so, specialized profile is gone

Thank you so much! 🙂

30cadb79
Community Member

Yes, you can delete it.

just need to create 2nd specialized profile draft(unpublished). once you finish your 2nd specialized profile draft. go to your profile picture then click on setting, then profile settings and find the option 

Specialized profiles 

here you can delete one of them. keep in mind you can only delete one profile not both of them

crazymooni
Community Member

I'm trying to delete a specialized profile as it's looking odd rn on the profile. many developers don't have any specialized profiles. So, I would like to remove it.

036e7364
Community Member

You Can Delete. Go to Profile Settings and Click on 3 dots next to the specialized profile. Click on Edit and Select from Drop Down. You will see Unpublish button on the right click on it. It will show draft and a delete button. Press delete and it will be removed. 

crazymooni
Community Member

Hello, I accidentally created an agency account while trying to troubleshoot the errors I'm encountering. I've been experiencing strange errors like "sin" and something else. Therefore, I would like to request the closure of my agency account named "otherside." It would be greatly appreciated if someone could assist me in resolving these issues. Additionally, I believe my other account passwords have been compromised. It would be highly beneficial if someone could help me determine whether this poses a security threat. Thank you.

crazymooni_0-1686602428077.png

crazymooni_1-1686602449789.png

Hi Taimoor,

I tried and couldn't replicate the issue you're describing. I tried, and I was able to get into your account and switch through your profiles (Agency and Client). Please see this screenshot for your reference.

Please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of the current one. You may also clear your cache and cookies. You can close the agency by following the steps in this help article afterwards. Let us know if the issue persists, and we'll look further into that for you. We are looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
csimpi
Community Member

Unfortunately, Upwork is not willing to hear that people really don't want to maintain two identical profiles by "design" ...

Just make add a secondary "specialized profile" and keep it draft (don't publish at the end), go back to your Profile -> Settings -> Scroll Down -> Specialized Profiles -> Click the three dots, and select "Delete".

dave_feltz
Community Member

I agree, that having a specialized profile when you only need one is just stupid. If I only do back-end development why do I need a specialized profile? What is supposed to be different between the "All Work" and the "Back-end Development"? Now I have to duplicate the content in two places. Dumb!!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths