🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Delete Specialized Profile
Page options
sumonjss
Community Member

Delete Specialized Profile

I want to Delete my specialized Profile but unfortunately there is no Deleting option in my in my profile setting. How to do it now 

86 REPLIES 86
csimpi
Community Member

Unfortunately, Upwork is not willing to hear that people really don't want to maintain two identical profiles by "design" ...

Just make add a secondary "specialized profile" and keep it draft (don't publish at the end), go back to your Profile -> Settings -> Scroll Down -> Specialized Profiles -> Click the three dots, and select "Delete".

dave_feltz
Community Member

I agree, that having a specialized profile when you only need one is just stupid. If I only do back-end development why do I need a specialized profile? What is supposed to be different between the "All Work" and the "Back-end Development"? Now I have to duplicate the content in two places. Dumb!!!

7c0cf811
Community Member

I've spent a lot of time surfing the internet trying to find how to delete specialized profile and I've just found out that it's not possible 💀

Hi Danielton,

I checked and can confirm that you have created one Specialized Profile. Please remember that if you only have one specialized profile, you will not see the option to delete or unpublish it. But you can always edit the information for accuracy and to reflect your current experience and skills! 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi.

A number of Upwork moderators/staff have replied in this thread telling us that it is by design that we have to have at least one specialized profile.

Meanwhile, many in this thread have expressed that these specialized profiles aren't appropriate for us as we don't have any specialties beyond our general profile.  So now we are stuck maintaining two profiles, trying to keep them in sync, instead of having the option to have only one profile ("general" one).

Thank you to the Upwork moderators/staff who have responded.  It is encouraging to see the engagement.

However, would you please explain why Upwork is forcing us to have specialized profiles when in some cases we don't have specialties beyond our general profile and they are therefore not appropriate for us.  It's one thing to have it as a feature, and even to encourage it, but to enforce it?  Could you please explain why?  

Thanks.

Seconded. I would really like to hear Upwork's rational for undermining the perception of expertise for highly specialized freelancers. 

b93d9b82
Community Member

First Add New specialized Profile then you will delete the first one.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members