cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete/deactivate agency account and retain individual freelancer account

ABHAY S Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
1 of 11

Hello,

When I migrated from Elance to Upwork, Upwork gave me an option to make profile and I chose agency account.

I've never used its perks & I am the only team member in my agency. I've completed all the projects and never had any other team member.

Now, upwork has made some changes and connects are no longer free and even agency plus account doesn't come with connects like it used to. On the other hand, individual freelancer PLUS account  still comes with 70 connects and I only need to pay $14.99. So, it doesn't make any sense to keep an agency account since individual freelancer has everything I want.

My question is to confirm whether my individual account profile will still have all the testimonials, work & earnings history  after deleting my agency profile? Will I lose anything?

Would I still be able to connect/communicate to my previsous clients through already open message dialogs/channel from past projects?

Do you have any suggestions before I delete agency profile?

Thanks,

Abhay

Nilesh V Member Since: Jan 7, 2017
2 of 11

Abhay,

I have the same questions 2 years ago but still not, I get the proper answer.

ABHAY S wrote:

Hello,

When I migrated from Elance to Upwork, Upwork gave me an option to make profile and I chose agency account.

I've never used its perks & I am the only team member in my agency. I've completed all the projects and never had any other team member.

Now, upwork has made some changes and connects are no longer free and even agency plus account doesn't come with connects like it used to. On the other hand, individual freelancer PLUS account  still comes with 70 connects and I only need to pay $14.99. So, it doesn't make any sense to keep an agency account since individual freelancer has everything I want.

My question is to confirm whether my individual account profile will still have all the testimonials, work & earnings history  after deleting my agency profile? Will I lose anything?

Would I still be able to connect/communicate to my previsous clients through already open message dialogs/channel from past projects?

Do you have any suggestions before I delete agency profile?

Thanks,

Abhay

Please let me know if you get anything from other community members.

Thanks in advance!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 11

Hi Abhay,

Freelancer and agency profiles are two different profiles. When you close the agency profiles the message rooms that have been created under your agency will be closed as well. 
The projects that you`ve been working on under your agency will not be transferred to your freelancer profile once your agency profile is closed. 
If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
ABHAY S Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
4 of 11

Thanks Goran.

I'm trying to close my Agency account and I keep getting the message:

• Close all open proposals associated with the company

I know the solution but it would take time. I've close all the active proposals but there are over 500 ARCHIVED proposals which is why I think it's giving me an error. It would take ages to open and withdraw these archived jobs. Can you help?

"The projects that you`ve been working on under your agency will not be transferred to your freelancer profile once your agency profile is closed."

Could you please confirm on this? Since I got the official email saying "We're sorry to hear that you wanted to close your Agency Account. But we respect any decision you have or make. Because of this, you'd like to know if you'll be able to retain your information such as the earnings and feedbacks. I'd be happy to explain.

Abhay, I am pleased to inform you that all those information will remain on your personal profile."

BEST ANSWER
5 of 11

Hi Abhay,

I`m sorry about the confusion.
I have checked the details with our team and can confirm that the contracts will be showing on your freelancer profile after you have closed your agency.
Unfortunately we can't close your agency until all of your active and archived proposals are withdrawn. If you have any additional questions let me know here or feel free to post them on your ticket directly. Thank you.

Untitled
Tushar M Member Since: May 13, 2019
6 of 11

Hello Goran,

I am new here, I need to deactivate my agency profile temporarily .So if it gets deactivated once , can i further recreate it under the same profile name .

Please help me here 

7 of 11

Hi Tushar,

Our team can reopen your agency profile if you choose to close it temporarily. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
8 of 11

Hello Goran,

I am trying to delete the agency profile , but due to a cancelled  project i am unable to do that. Please help me . I am sharing the cancelled project here--

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please guide me , how can i leave the team .

Looking forward 

Thanks

9 of 11

Hi Tushar,

The reason why you can't close the agency is because you`re not the owner of the agency but a team member. 

To leave your agency:

1. Go to Settings  My Teams
  2. Select Leave Team from the Actions list

Untitled
10 of 11

unable to leave the team ,please check screenshot as attached.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS