🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Delete manual hours on closed contract
Page options
christinelellis
Community Member

Delete manual hours on closed contract

I accidentally added time to the wrong work diary. Before I was able to delete it, my client just closed the contract. How do I delete this entry from the work diary? I see other responses that say to wait until it's billed an issue a refund, but that's a terrible solution for me and my client. Not great for Upwork either, as I'm guessing my client will be reluctant to hire on here again after such a bad experience. There has to be some other way to delete these hours.
5 REPLIES 5
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Have you communicated with the client about the error? Did they close the contract because of seeing hours billed they weren't expecting? Or was the timing coincidental? In either case, the client can challenge the hours in which case they won't have to pay them. 

Yes, she closed the contract because she saw the unexpected hours. I've been in communication with her since then and she understands what happened. Just trying to get this resolved so nothing gets billed to her. How would she go about "challenging the hours" as you said? Will that negatively affect my job score or her client score?
yavuzoktay
Community Member

Hi Christine,

Hourly entries are presented to the customer as a weekly report. If you have already specified this to the customer, the client can make adjustments without confirming the weekly earnings. Thanks

Yes, I've already communicated the error to her and she understands. How can she make adjustments as you suggested? Thanks!

I don't know how arrangements are made on the client side. Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members