Page options
funke_mary
Community Member

Delete

Delete

7 REPLIES 7
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You can't force clients to give you feedback, especially not after an absence of two years. It's great that you got this new job, so this is an opportunity to start getting your JSS back up again.

Thanks for your message.

I actuaally did all that.

They were clients I had a wonderful working relationship with. I sent them a very nice message.

Thank you.

Funke L wrote:

Thanks for your message.

I actuaally did all that.

They were clients I had a wonderful working relationship with. I sent them a very nice message.

Thank you.

The "no feedback" contracts are unlikely to have dropped your JSS by much, if anything at all.

I'd look at private feedback.

Also, it isn't really client negligence when you are gone for 2 years. The client who did give you feedback (after 2 years) didn't give you glowing feedback either.

Had you closed those contracts back then (when you stopped working for the clients in question) they would not count anymore anyway. You were also back for a month or two last year, why didn't you get them closed back then?

tlsanders
Community Member

You may want to think about removing/revising your post. I'm sympathetic to your situation, but I can tell you that as a client if I saw a post (and clients can see this post) where you declared several of your clients "negligent" because they didn't jump to clean up for you after you'd been gone for two years, I wouldn't hire you.

Clients don't have a responsibility to leave feedback, even if you end the job under normal circumstances. To expect them to make giving you feedback a top priority after an absence of two years is expecting a lot, and to throw around language like "negligence" because they didn't hop to get with your program is a bit offensive and suggests that you're going to be demanding and unreasonable to work with.

I realize that isn't necessarily true, and that you're in a bad situation due to circumstances beyond your control. I'm just pointing out the impact reading this may have on potential clients.

Thanks so much Tiffany... I really appreciate the education.

I will do just that. This post was made out of frustration. Thanks again.

lysis10
Community Member

Disappears for two years. Gets angry when clients don't respond in two days.

uuuh ok.

kbadeau
Community Member

Your profile is not public, so I don't know what your specialty is, but the trick to raising your JSS is to take a few quick and easy down and dirty jobs and deliver great results so you'll get some current good feedback.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members