Page options
891637cc
Community Member

Deleted Job

Hello Freelancer

I have just received a message from Upwork with the following text:

This job was not in compliance with our Terms of Service

Hi Michael
We wanted to let you know that a job you submitted a proposal for, has been removed from our marketplace.
In order to protect the safety and trust of the Upwork marketplace, we remove job posts when we learn that they do not meet our Terms of Service.
As a reminder, receiving payments from a client outside of the Upwork platform is against our Terms of Service and could result in permanent account suspension. If a client requests to pay you outside of Upwork, please report it to Customer Service.
We appreciate your understanding and want you to know that this does not negatively affect your rating. No further action is needed.

I find the last two sentences especially strange. I have never had any contact with the client. And I haven't done anything else wrong either. I just made a proposal on Upwork.

If everything is alright, then why this message?

Thank you for your answers.

Sunny Greetings

8 REPLIES 8
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Micheal, I believe you are fine, nothing to worry about. This message is a justification for why the job you submitted a proposal for was deleted. I think the client shared his contact information in the post and was willing to take the work outside Upwork, which is against the TOS.

And Indeed, I think it is some kind of stupidity to take the work outside of Upwork, aside from that this is unethical, but also it is very risky for both the client and the freelancer. 

Back to your question...You didn't do anything wrong, however, the Client did that's why his post was deleted. Nothing you need to do on your side. Just apply for more jobs and Good luck.

Thank you so much for your answer.

Have a nice weekend.

Don't worry about it, keep going Michael!

There is no way to keep any of the freelance platforms 100% free of scammers.

Luckily you didn't suffer from it!

Dear, 

After the job was deleted from upwork they contacted me on my email and their email wasn't replied to discuss about the work. Know we are talking on telegram, they asked me about my personal information and sent me like image to word task. So have some experience on this area?. Please! help me I'm not sure to do job.

Hi Asefa,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. Asking for your personal information before sending a contract on Upwork is considered a TOS violation. I would advise you to stop communicating with this client to protect yourself from fraud and nonpayment of work. 

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a4d064c2
Community Member

I received something like this it's my first time so I'm kinda confused and I don't know what to do. thanks for your advised!

sajal36
Community Member

This is the standard message if any job is removed from upwork not meeting the Terms of service guidelines. I will suggest you go through the upwork Terms of services if you have not done yet to have better understanding on the same. Upwork - Term of Service 

fb500595
Community Member

Yes, by all means, I shall read through a ton of verbiage that is legalese with that offers no explanation whatsoever as to what might get a post flagged and removed.  Thank you so much for your wise and helpful answer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths